• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting Update failed message when using Ascend updater from Metro PCS Store

I have another problem, I flashed my phone back to stock and planned on updating it with the ascend updater on the app store with Metro, and now it is dying on updating the firmware. I cannot return the phone, have no money to pay for a new one and don't want to, there has to be a work around for this.

I had not re-rooted the phone after flashing it back to stock. Used the files here for the flashing, it worked fine and then I had updated it this morning just fine. I erased a file with TB by accident and I reflashed back to stock to fix it, thinking I would do that and then the ascend update again, and now I am getting this error. Have no idea what is going on!!

Why not flash playful mod? Its 2.2 rooted deodexed and mostly cleaned of metro.

I had cm7 on my phone, had gps issues and the headset was not working for handsfree driving. I wanted to go back to the Metropcs 2.2 and had it done this morning, but I reinstalled the factory and now I am getting this error.

playful mod have gps issues or messaging issues? I need something that works just as well as the metro 2.2.2.:D

Upvote 0
I had cm7 on my phone, had gps issues and the headset was not working for handsfree driving. I wanted to go back to the Metropcs 2.2 and had it done this morning, but I reinstalled the factory and now I am getting this error.

playful mod have gps issues or messaging issues? I need something that works just as well as the metro 2.2.2.:D
I've never used it because it it's only for Metro, but it is just the Metro ROM, rooted and de bloated by default, so it *should* work even better than stock. It's basically like a 2.2 version of Icarus.

Upvote 0

Afaik it has no issues (I haven't used the ascend in a couple months.

Upvote 0
Ok, I have installed this, looks just like the 2.2.2 but I am having 1 problem, seems that rom manager is trying to update from the market, but I keep getting an error, package file was not signed correctly, uninstall the previous app and try again.

How do I do that, I cannot find the app to uninstall it, when I look in my applications in setting, is shows up, but when I try to uninstall it, I am not given that option.

Help!! I do not want to keep getting this error.

Upvote 0
Ok, I have installed this, looks just like the 2.2.2 but I am having 1 problem, seems that rom manager is trying to update from the market, but I keep getting an error, package file was not signed correctly, uninstall the previous app and try again.

How do I do that, I cannot find the app to uninstall it, when I look in my applications in setting, is shows up, but when I try to uninstall it, I am not given that option.

Help!! I do not want to keep getting this error.

I would try to clear cache/data for ROM Manager, in Menu -> Settings -> Applications ->Manage Aplications, then run "Fix Permissions". Otherwise, if you have Root Explorer or TiBU, you should be able to uninstall that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones