1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

GF is about to upgrade on AT&T, which phone??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bupolo, Mar 28, 2011.

1. bupolo

bupolo Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 23, 2010
    Male
    Los Angeles
    What phone should she get? She is leaning towards the Motorola Bravo because she has an upgrade and it's free, but the Inspire is basically the only other phone that she is looking at (other than the Iphone 3GS but I think the Bravo is better, especially since it's Android and I'm familiar with it because I have an Evo).

What do you guys think? I know nothing about AT&T phones. Does the Inspire run 2.2? Will it run 2.3? What do you think of the Bravo?

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    Inspire is currently 2.2, as far as 2.3 who knows but I would def get the inspire over the bravo. And unless there was an update for the bravo its running 2.1, has a 3mp camera and well it has motoblur (this may be fine for some folks but I personally feel motoblur is a demon spawn). Inspire has 768 MB with 4 GB storage built in, the external memory is Expandable up to 32 GB but already includes an 8 GB microSD card, and the 1ghz snapdragon where as the bravo is 512 MB with 2 GB sd card also expandable up to 32 GB with microSD card and 800mhz processor.
    And if its her upgrade time and she wants to upgrade through ATT, hell just have her call 611 from her phone and say she wants to cancel and go to verizon or whatever they will try to work out a deal. I got 2 inspires for $75 each + $30 credit a month for 6 months.

Unless she upgrades through costco.com inspire was either free or like $20 there.

bupolo likes this.
  3. dsterner

dsterner Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    ooo the things you can get if you threaten to jump ship to at&ts nemesis!lol..
    back on topic,
    ah, INSPIRE!

bupolo likes this.
  4. darelian

darelian Newbie
    None

Mar 16, 2011
    Tech
    Florida
    I renewed my AT&T contract earlier this month and went through the research process.. Here's what I found... I wanted a good phone with a large display (eyesight ain't what it used to be!), able to support corporate and personal e-mail, access to lots of useful apps, WiFi and mobile data, good (for a phone) camera, solid build quality.
    My son got a Samsung Focus WP7 phone in February which he loves... Limited Apps, nice bright display, good sound (important to him), light weight, great battery life.
    After researching, I opted for the Inspire from Costco for $19.99 .. You just can't beat that price and it came with a car charger and case (You don't have to be a member .. Just go online and buy .. Actually provided by partner - Wireless Advocates). It's a little heavier than the Focus but nice solid feel. Display is great. Have WiFi up and running at home .. 15MPS down and 2 up via an older 802.11g Linksys Access point. AT&T 4g is O.K. but not really 4 g and there are plenty of discussion on this and other forums about that.
    Read lots of noise about battery life .. Hey it's a nice display and tempting to just play on all day .. Guess what.. Basic physics .. Displays use power.... Bigger displays use more power. I find with "Normal" use, the phone makes it through the day no problem. The first day, I was just sitting on it constantly working through set up, download apps, etc. which drained the battery about 5-6 hours. These days I have the display set to time out at 2 minutes and I receive 50-100 emails plus check news, weather, bank, etc. I don't sit on facebook or twitter all day so that may be a factor. So far I really like the phone and have no major issues.

bupolo likes this.
  5. bupolo

bupolo Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 23, 2010
    Male
    Los Angeles
    Thanks guys! Damn, I wanted her to get the Inspire but she ended up getting the Motorola Bravo. She used her upgrade on a crap phone before and she returned it to get the Bravo (which was an enormous upgrade). Any idea if she could return the Bravo at this point and get the Inspire via her upgrade at a place like Costco?

6. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    Technically you can only do one exchange in that 30 day period, however if you call 611 from your phone and speak to customer service. play super nice with the person you talk to and tell them what you want to do and why. If you can get them to ok the return in your notes and call and speak to the store manager to accept the return you should be set but this will lead to an exchange for the inspire at that store chances are they wont let you return it to go else where to buy a different phone.

If they say no tell you want to cancel the contract then. They will first try to scare you with the etf but tell them you can sell the phone you have and still the etf is less money than paying them X amount per month x24months, so who loses here really? (this usually shuts them up and puts them in lets make a deal mode)