1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ghost Calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheAbster86, Nov 2, 2011.

1. TheAbster86

TheAbster86 Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    I have seen a couple threads about this but mine seems to be doing something different than everyone elses....

It started on Halloween (I know, right?). Around 10:50pm my phone began to ring. When I answered, my friend also answered. She said that I had just called her. I told her she called me because my phone was actually ringing. My phone had been on the charger, untouched for a couple hours since I had been asleep. Also, this friend is one that I havent talked to except on facebook for several weeks. No texts or calls to her or from her at all. As soon as we hung up, it called her right back.

An hour later it called another friend. Also a friend I have not called or texted for a couple weeks. Again, my phone rang. When I answered my friend also said hello and asked why I was calling to wake him up. I apologized and hung up, then locked my screen. It called him back a few minutes later.

I finally just turned my phone off until morning.

The same thing happened last night. It dialed the first friend I mentioned only it was around 9:48pm. It called her twice. When my phone started to ring I just hit the button on the top of my phone.

Around 11:30 last night it called another friend that I hadnt talked to in months. Both times my phone rang I hit the button on top. After it called her twice I turned my phone off. This time I pulled the battery as well.

I dont want it to happen again tonight. It is creepy when it happens to you and wakes you from a dead sleep. Plus its annoying to my friends. I have had my phone since April and this is the first time it has happened. My husband has the exact same phone and it isnt happening to him.

I am using the charger that came with the phone, the phone was laying on the floor the first time it happened and on my pillow the second night. It seems to be calling random people and the phone rings on my end and their end.

Does anyone have any advice?

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    Welcome to the Forums :D

I would try to clean out the call log in the evenings and see if it still does it. Sounds like it could be a program that is using the call log to make "Ghost calls" not sure if this is going to solve the problem or not. If this does not stop it you may have to do a hard reset. (not something you'll look forward to) Have you contacted sprint? of course they will probably have you do a hard reset so i may not be worth it to contact them :cool:

Tags: