• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ghost E-mails?

CiDefaid

Lurker
May 10, 2012
This is so strange I don't know if I can explain it and make sense at the same time, but in for a penny etc etc I have a HTC Wildfire with 2 e-mail accounts set up first e-mail account is a hotmail account and the second account is a talk talk account. last Thursday I checked my hotmail account only to find that e-mails sent to my talk talk account appeared in my hotmail account??? When I go into menu and then into delete, they disappear and only my hotmail e-mails show. but when I delete all the hotmail e-mails the same Thursday talk talk e-mails reappear in my hotmail account?? When I then go back into Menu/Delete it shows my hotmail account as empty, However as soon s I go back to my mail icon it again shows that I have mail and when I check my hotmail account, there they are once again. these talk talk e-mails which seem to haunt my hotmail account are all from the same day Thursday 3 May 2012. this has not happened previously or since??? can anybody, tell me what's going on and how do I rid my hotmail account of these ghostly talk talk e-mails??? I hope someone understands this???? :thinking:

This is so strange I don't know if I can explain it and make sense at the same time, but in for a penny etc etc I have a HTC Wildfire with 2 e-mail accounts set up first e-mail account is a hotmail account and the second account is a talk talk account. last Thursday I checked my hotmail account only to find that e-mails sent to my talk talk account appeared in my hotmail account??? When I go into menu and then into delete, they disappear and only my hotmail e-mails show. but when I delete all the hotmail e-mails the same Thursday talk talk e-mails reappear in my hotmail account?? When I then go back into Menu/Delete it shows my hotmail account as empty, However as soon s I go back to my mail icon it again shows that I have mail and when I check my hotmail account, there they are once again. these talk talk e-mails which seem to haunt my hotmail account are all from the same day Thursday 3 May 2012. this has not happened previously or since??? can anybody, tell me what's going on and how do I rid my hotmail account of these ghostly talk talk e-mails??? I hope someone understands this???? :thinking:
Hello and welcome aboard.

Try this: Delete all accounts on the device (this doesn't affect your accounts on the server) and sign back in. Also, change your passwords.

As for the ghost notifications, this happens to me occasionally. I have no solution for this problem except to clear data from the application.

Oh, btw..I've moved your thread to its correct forum. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones