1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ghost song in Sony Walkman app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevend, Aug 22, 2012.

1. stevend

stevend Lurker

I had deleted an album from the Walkman app. All songs disappeared, exept 1. When I try to delete the song, nothing happens. When I try to play it, I get the error "cannot play track", which is ofcourse correct.

I then transferred the same album back to my phone, but now the ghost song appears twice in de Walkman app. Only one of the 2 plays ofcourse.

This is really annoying as the walkman now stops playing when it comes across the ghost music file.
    Especcialy as I use the Walkman app while bicycling to work, with the phone in my back pack.

Any thoughts on how I can delete this ghost track? The file itselfs does not exist in the phone file system,
    so somewhere the walkman app is keeping it's own tracklist. I just can't find where.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. STdemoniac

STdemoniac Newbie

something similar happen with picture ...after I delited it I still can see a thumbnail, but picture won't open, after phone rebooting picture gone :)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

3. AracooL

AracooL Lurker

I also have a problem. No reboot is not deleting cache walkman not help. What to do?

4. PSX

PSX Lurker

Just found a fix for this on my Xperia Z: using File Commander (or any good file manager) delete the contents of this directory:

/storage/sdcard0/android/data/com.sonyericsson.music/files/cache/default

You might need to restart the app to see the old file references flushed.

Hope this helps

Alex

Sony Xperia S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews