1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Ghost text?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Socalboltfan, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Socalboltfan

Socalboltfan Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Thanks in advance to anyone with any insight into this bizarre problem. I have a moto droid D1 build number FRG83D, rooted and running BB v0.6.2.1 and Slayher kernal 2.6.32.9. I just sent a text message and when the other person recieved it there was a line of text added that I DID NOT WRITE. The original text was, "Just had to call 911, some guy crashed his bike in the middle of the street, just saw a bunch of people around him." The text they recieved was, "Just had to call 911, some guy crashed his bike in the middle of the street, just saw a bunch of peopem, I have nothing to hide, I woulda told u if u wouldn't have flipped out" I have never had this happen or even heard of this happening. Its wording that I commonly use such as "u" and "woulda". I checked to see if I had text copied that could have possibly been pasted at the end and I did not, I think the mystery line was written by me but months ago, it was sent to the same person if that makes any difference. Anyone know of any possible causes, Ive changed roms alot and have changed countless thing with Metamorph, Im overclocked using SetCPU, stock messaging app tho, I have been having random issues where my phone wont recieve a text here or there, sometimes just one or sometimes several in a row, usually rebooting the phone seems to help. Anything anyone can tell me about this is Greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement

2. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    WI
    Any new apps recently? Sounds like a dirty third party app...

But I'd check to make sure you don't have anything like that in your quick text options to be safe.