1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Ghostbusters 3.....yay or nay

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by netlinkz, Jun 1, 2011.

1. netlinkz

netlinkz Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    cook
    Los Angeles
    Sooooo, it's been a long time waiting.... Ghostbusters3 isit or isn't going to happen? I'm a longtime fan of the franchise since i wasa kid. Who isn't? Sure we all know the second movie wasn't a big hit due to the release of the batman for that decade. Hey i still went to watchit even though my brothers kicked my ass for throwing my kiddy tantrum and crying to see it. Now, a 32 yr. Old man and yes those four guys with the protonpacks on their backs are still the shiznit to this very day. It's a new generation and time. The kids of today need to know all about those fantastic four that kicked ghostectoplasm to the next dimension.....i'm such a fan that i've brainwashed my siblings children into knowing and becoming future fans of the ghostbusters......personally i think there needs to be just one more movie even though they're all old...hey if indy can do it! Why can't ray, egon, peter, and winston?......

Advertisement

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    Bill Murray said on Howard Stern that he has no desire to do a ghost busters 3. If you remember he didnt even want to do the second one. So you wont see bill in the movie if they make it. He did say that the studio was talking about getting a few of the SNL former cast members to do it. Who knows I would love to see a part 3 but if Bill dont want to do it and is forced to. Then the movie will suck.

3. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    I thought they considered the video game as the official sequel.

4. netlinkz

None

Apr 25, 2011
    cook
    Los Angeles

How right you are.....bill murray bill murray bill murray! He's really the one why production is at a holt. Supposedly there is a script ready they just need him to read it so production can prep up. You are right about that second movie though, he didn't wanna doit. The guy needsta get off his high horse and doit for the fans. We all know that without him ghostbusters can't be ghostbusters. I've been doin my homework on what's up with the movie. I can't believe they have eliza dushku and anna farris signed on. I mean they're both hot but, comoooon really!

5. netlinkz

None

Apr 25, 2011
    cook
    Los Angeles

They did but the game sold so many copies that they knew the fanbase was still there. Plus, the internet was goin viral with news of a part 3. Plus many celebrities were spreading rumors of a 3rd aswell......

6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    Why can't he choose what to do? Why is it he is just a peice of movie props taken off a shelf and told do another one? The man has good reason not doing it. Its called already did it. Maybe you should find that interview its really good. He wants to do new stuff and not the same old stuff. He owes nothing to anyone and to the fans you are be really selfish dont you think?

7. netlinkz

None

Apr 25, 2011
    cook
    Los Angeles
    Whew a good argument indeed

8. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    Wow...somebody takes his Ghostbusters all serious like.lol

9. netlinkz

None

Apr 25, 2011
    cook
    Los Angeles
    Indeed...i needa chillpill

10. saywat?

saywat? Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    screw it they should jus reboot it lol.

11. netlinkz

None

Apr 25, 2011
    cook
    Los Angeles

Lol...reboot. That's funny...

12. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    I've read a ton of stuff about this over the past year. Last I heard, Bill doesn't want to do it, but might if the right script comes his way. There's been several scripts written and turned down by him. He apparently wouldn't want to tarnish the franchise with a subpar story. The rest of the guys are on board, though.

How I understood it, they need this movie to happen so they can move forward with the franchise. They need the original cast for one more so they can pass the torch. Ghostbusters has become a franchise in many diff cities, and they're looking to have the story revolve around the next generation.

Now, while I did enjoy the game, there was one low point: Bill Murray. You can tell he had no interest in doing it, and that realization really took away from the game for me.