• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Giant mess, please help.

Okay, this is a giant mess. I'm new to Android. I've done my fair share of jailbreaking on iPhones though.

I tried rooting my Evo using the stickied simple guide. That worked fine for a while, but i wanted to try some custom ROMS. I tried the DamageControl ROM and apparently I didn't have NAND unlocked, so it boot looped. So I wiped data and cache again, and tried flashing to the debug ROM used in the tutorial and it kept getting stuck on the normal boot screen.

I tried doing a NAND recovery and it kinda worked. It seemed to freeze after rebooting. I finally flashed it with the PC36IMG.zip from the tutorial and it will boot now.

Now the problem is that the phone says "SD card removed. Insert a new one." Also my computer won't recognize it when I plug it in. It makes the connection sounds, but no drive appears when I plug in the phone. HTC Sync doesn't work, and it won't even charge through USB. It's as if the USB cable isn't there. I know the SD card is good, because it mounts just fine in a card reader.

I've also tried the stock HTC update program with no luck. It can't find the device.

Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones