• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GIF Images not playing once saved

Jala47

Lurker
Dec 17, 2012
Since getting my new phone, I have been able to view GIF images on both the stock Chrome browser as well as the Dolphin Browser app, but when I save them to my gallery with either browser they do no play.

A buddy of mine has an android phone running version 4.1.1 and his browser does not play the GIF images, but once he saves them they work just fine.

What happened between 4.1.1 and 4.2.1 and is there a fix?

Currently running:
Nexus 4
Stock

Since getting my new phone, I have been able to view GIF images on both the stock Chrome browser as well as the Dolphin Browser app, but when I save them to my gallery with either browser they do no play.

A buddy of mine has an android phone running version 4.1.1 and his browser does not play the GIF images, but once he saves them they work just fine.

Currently running:
Nexus 4
Stock

I had a similar problem with trying to view Gifs. I downloaded this app: http://bit.ly/R28wMx and it played them just fine.

-Matt

Reactions: Jala47
Upvote 0

Currently running:
Nexus 4
Stock

Hey there I have moved this thread into the Android Applications forum just because you are looking for an app to play GIFs, anyhow, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask them :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones