• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gifs not working

Er, you asked exactly the same question here before...

The answer remains the same: If you're looking at GIF files (and I take it you mean animated ones) in the browser on your Desire the answer is that you can view them but they're static, non-animated images. If, however, you download the image and open it via the Photos application you can see the GIF in all of its animated glory.

Upvote 0
Er, you asked exactly the same question here before...

The answer remains the same: If you're looking at GIF files (and I take it you mean animated ones) in the browser on your Desire the answer is that you can view them but they're static, non-animated images. If, however, you download the image and open it via the Photos application you can see the GIF in all of its animated glory.

Animated gifs work on mine in Dolphin HD.

Upvote 0
Animated Gif's don't work on my Desire. It plays a crude limited version for a few seconds, but not a smooth continuous loop like my previous mobile phones. Today htc said this was a concern, they think it's to do with Android. What can I do to fix it though so I can enjoy watching my animations?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones