1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gifting Kindle Fire Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BCM, Dec 20, 2011.

1. BCM

BCM Well-Known Member

Hello:

I bought a Kindle Fire for my daughter this year.

Will she have to set up her own Amazon account and if so does it require my debit card?

I would like to be able to also buy her some credit for future Amazon purchases, is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tstarky

tstarky Newbie

If she shares your account she will have access to all of your cloud content. Is your daughter a minor? I know some people have been setting up separate accounts, entering their debit card and then removing it once they made a purchase. This would keep them from accidentally ordering apps, books etc on your dime. If your daughter is an adult, she should set up her own account and use her debit card. In either case you can get them a gift card for Amazon that can be applied to their account.

3. Technipages

Technipages Member

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

This is one thing I'm worried about. My daughter is 6 but I can't find a way to add a password to make purchases. I took one click off and it still allows me to download games that cost. Any suggestions?

5. tstarky

tstarky Newbie

The newest update allows you the option to put restrictions on the wifi. You can password protect it so she can't get online without you knowing. As long as the wifi is off no purchases can be made.

6. hrbib21

hrbib21 Android Expert

Best way I've found is a prepaid Visa. GF has a 9 ye old son and he gets a couple bucks for apps here and there and it's put right on the prepaid card.