• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gimme some good games!

JccageX2

May 25, 2010
Hey guys, On Friday I should be getting my new HTC Hero (I'm in the U.K so its not the Sprint one) and I'm looking for games for it.

I before it had a iPhone and used it MASSIVELY for games, and want to use my HTC Hero for the same as well.

I'm already going to be getting the new Gameloft ones out, as well as the GBA Emulators etc. (Side note, do the Emualtors run smoothly?)

But yeah i want mostly 3D ggood games, could someone tell me some please?

Why... would you get a Hero now when there's a Desire? Milestone? Nexus One?

You're getting a phone that's nearly a year outdated. I don't understand. Yes, there are games that'll run on the Hero tolerably, but why pick it when plenty of other devices with more up-to-date hardware and software are available? It's like trying to run Crysis at max settings on a single-core PC with a five-year-old graphic card.

Upvote 0

You're getting a phone that's nearly a year outdated. I don't understand. Yes, there are games that'll run on the Hero tolerably, but why pick it when plenty of other devices with more up-to-date hardware and software are available? It's like trying to run Crysis at max settings on a single-core PC with a five-year-old graphic card.

Because I had the choice with that and the G1 on my contract.

And btw, Emulation runs amazingly.

Upvote 0
Because I had the choice with that and the G1 on my contract.

And btw, Emulation runs amazingly.

It'll be even better when you get 2.1 (either official or by means of rooting + flashing) as you'll get multi touch support for applications other than browser and picture viewer.

Games I'd like to recommend are:

Air Control - it may not be 3D but it's addictive and fun, basically it's the well known Airplane control/landing game

Colorix - puzzle game that uses 3D (a bit), quite fun

Jewels - not 3D, but nice Nejeweled clone

SpeedX 3D - Well, a 3D spece/tube "obstacles dodging racer" - fun

SpeedXGalaga - awesome original Galaga clone with online highscore

Upvote 0

why would you buy a wv polo when a ford gt is also on the market?

[/offtopic]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones