1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ginger bread on Samsung Captivate WITHOUT AT&T

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sirsankar, Apr 14, 2012.

1. sirsankar

sirsankar Lurker

Is there a Gingerbread rom free from AT@T that I can flash on my captivate. I bought my phone unlocked and it came with AT&T all over it. can I wanna get rid of this rom and get something new. Google didn't help very much

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AmishFury

AmishFury Well-Known Member

CM7

read the thread on flashing CWM to a phone with official 2.3

from there flashing CM7 is simple... your phone will be faster both in general responsiveness and data speeds (official crap gimps the modem)

3. sirsankar

sirsankar Lurker

Thanks, It's working great, but the TV out option is missing, are there more options or am i asking for too much

4. AmishFury

AmishFury Well-Known Member

tv out is in settings under "device settings"

5. iffrett

iffrett Well-Known Member

serendipity works great

6. rgbers

rgbers Lurker

I want to root my phone to flash this rom... can you please help me.

7. johnnybucks

johnnybucks Lurker

I just wanted to say, that I bit the bullet and put the latest CM9 ICS 4.0.4 on my captivate, and wow! This phone has new life all over again! Everything works well, too....GPS is instant, even indoors, wifi seems better, and battery life has improved on my end, although...I do need to recalibrate my battery. I was on CornKernel Gingerbread, updated through CWM...BUT...you have to take out any external SD card in order for it to flash properly. I suggest giving it a try! ;)

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews