1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ginger Villian 2.8 a2sd+ kinda working?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deanshep85, Sep 1, 2011.

1. deanshep85

deanshep85 Android Expert

Ok I have a really weird problem..

I reinstalled GV 2.8 again...complete wipe and flash..and did the "su, a2sd cachesd" bit to set the a2sd up..and it started to work...then suddenly stopped and I was down to 15mb in internal..

so I did the whole set up bit again and it has carried on working as fine...

BUT now im still well under 50mb....dropping as low as 32mb for no reason what so ever :thinking:

before this weird issue I was around 110mb.....ok I've installed some large games BUT with a2sd working it shouldn't be anything under around 80mb if that...I mean the lowest I've ever had a2sd is around 59mb and that was with 200+ apps installed..

anyone had this issue before?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Are the games things you've installed before? If they have large libs those will remain on internal anyway, unless you move to SD (fat) using the manage apps menu.

Otherwise, check usage using Quick System Info - how much of each partition is used, and which apps are big data users. May give some clues.

3. deanshep85

well I've uninstalled all the games and thus it should remove their lib files...and there was basically no difference...most I got to was 50mb....

and 'quick info plus' reckons most of my apps are SD based apps....shouldn't it say nothing (as in on phone) instead?

I really don't wanna have to re flash again if it can be helped....

I will say both times I have done the SU bit in terminal emulator...right before it mentions rebooting in the script it does say something like "cannot find delvik cache, cannot rename" or something like that....yet it says its working fine?

UPDATE:

Right im gonna reflash again cos I've tried alot now....tried "moving to SD" all my apps that I could...reboot an wipe cache, then transfer everything back to the phone to see if it would trigger onto the SD-EXT...of which it does fine but im still missing around 60mb...it still shows me at lowish internal..

so that leaves nothing more than a reflash sadly.....ah well

4. deanshep85

ok really odd.....I just reflashed GV again and installed terminal, then ran the a2sd cachesd line....and got the same "dalvik cannot be renamed" an also mentions cant be moved...

then got FC on the upload application...then it rebooted as it should do :thinking:

no idea if its working yet...I mean titanium and quick info will 'show' its working...but without loading it up I can't be 100% sure if there wasn't a fail or not

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Another useful command is "a2sd reinstall", so if problems persist give that a go.

Otherwise, just check that there's no app taking up crazy amounts of data space - trivial things like contacts storage going crazy (though 60MB would be large even for that problem).

6. deanshep85

well all seems to be well so far ...117mb with 73 apps installed...so touch wood its ok

7. amit_eighty8

amit_eighty8 Well-Known Member

How u got it working i am with 15-20 apps and down to 79 mb...

8. deanshep85

well for one that was also with system apps in total...now its around 114 apps (including system) and I'm at around 95mb free on the drive

9. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

There's no point including system apps. Doesn't help anyone ;)

10. deanshep85

shhhhh make me sound like I have more :p

all seriousness I think I have around 45 apps that I installed and like I said still running over 90mb+ free internal

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews