1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GingerB update = messages app fault

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CraigyM83, May 22, 2011.

1. CraigyM83

CraigyM83 Lurker

I updated to gingerbread yesterday and I noticed all the contact photos had gone next to the message thread. I viewed the profile and it was only linking to the SIM contact rather than the phone/Facebook contact. I tried re-syncing the HTC sense and I 've tried to link the contacts but I can't get this to right its self. I deleted a SIM contact then messaged the phone contact again and it now just shows the number and not even the contacts name! Why is it refusing to link the threads or even acknowledge the contact even though I've searched and sent to that specific contact? I've also deleted the data and cache of the messages app to no avail. This is a small and irritating niggle, very un-smart for a smart phone. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Have you noticed any other issues with your contacts, not necessarily within the SMS app, but within the phonebook itself?

Also, if you install a 3rd Party app such as Go SMS etc, does it function as it's supposed to?

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews