1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Gingerbread 2.3.4 broke wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chrisff60, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Chrisff60

Chrisff60 Newbie
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Gingerbread 2.3.4 broke wifi! That's all I have to say. (Don't get me started on network connections, SMS and calls)

I envy those of you who updated and are doing just fine. I've tried all kinds of fixes that I got from different forums, still no luck. I've sent 7 mails in 7 days to Samsung with not a single reply. Guess even they don't know how to fix it!

My only solace is that I'm not alone judging by the scores of people who seem to be in the same boat as me. That Nexus and HTC are beginning to look very tempting right about now.

Epic fail, Samsung. Two thumbs way down. :mad:

Advertisement

2. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Sales
    Hampshire, UK
    where are you from chris? just wondering as most people got 2.3.3 as the OFFICIAL update. AFAIK only india got 2.3.4 officially.

3. Chrisff60

Chrisff60 Newbie
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Bangalore, India, and upgraded soon as it was released.

4. Chrisff60

Chrisff60 Newbie
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Well, after much 'consternation' and no help from Samsung, even after taking it to their service centre, and them 'fixing' the problem, I took things into my own hands and fixed the problem. Seems that on my router, the Ace won't connect until I reinstalled the router, and changed the connectivity from WPA to WEP. Wifi on Ace works fine now, though I am puzzled as to how an update from the phone requires an older connectivity setting. Again, wifi's working, so I won't complain or touch anything, but SMS is still quirky. To be honest, I liked Froyo better.

Anyways, for those who haven't tried it, maybe 'downgrading' your router will allow you to access wifi on your 'upgraded' Ace.

Cheers.