1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gingerbread 2.3.6 stock clipboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by captfbgnet, Jan 11, 2012.

1. captfbgnet

captfbgnet Newbie
    None

Nov 4, 2011
    @ times I've had the stock clipboard come up and I was able to pick & choose which text item to 'paste.' I can't remember :mad: how to bring up the clipboard to select or delete specific clipboard items. All help appreciated. Not looking to change 'clipboard app' but only how to access it.
    Also, does the clipboard app clear itself when the email/message app(s) are closed or the phone is powered down?

Advertisement

2. JaniceK

JaniceK Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    My paste option pops up when I hold finger down where want to insert. All the clipboards I have used only remember the most recent "copy", so I have never had a choice of text?

3. Netcat

Netcat Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    San Jose, California
    To bring up the clipboard, first make sure you have copied something to the clipboard. The clipboard won't come up if there is nothing in it. Then go to any application that requires entering text, tap once in the text entry area, then tap on the blue slider. You will get some options including opening the clipboard. The clipboard will open at the bottom of the screen showing all the clipped text in separate tiles with the newest at the top. No, the clipboard doesn't clear itself but you can delete individual clips by holding down on them and selecting "delete from clipboard".

captfbgnet likes this.
  4. captfbgnet

captfbgnet Newbie
    None

Nov 4, 2011
    Thank you..works..just what I wanted to know