• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gingerbread 2.3.6 stock clipboard

captfbgnet

Nov 4, 2011
@ times I've had the stock clipboard come up and I was able to pick & choose which text item to 'paste.' I can't remember :mad: how to bring up the clipboard to select or delete specific clipboard items. All help appreciated. Not looking to change 'clipboard app' but only how to access it.
Also, does the clipboard app clear itself when the email/message app(s) are closed or the phone is powered down?

@ times I've had the stock clipboard come up and I was able to pick & choose which text item to 'paste.' I can't remember :mad: how to bring up the clipboard to select or delete specific clipboard items. All help appreciated. Not looking to change 'clipboard app' but only how to access it.
Also, does the clipboard app clear itself when the email/message app(s) are closed or the phone is powered down?

To bring up the clipboard, first make sure you have copied something to the clipboard. The clipboard won't come up if there is nothing in it. Then go to any application that requires entering text, tap once in the text entry area, then tap on the blue slider. You will get some options including opening the clipboard. The clipboard will open at the bottom of the screen showing all the clipped text in separate tiles with the newest at the top. No, the clipboard doesn't clear itself but you can delete individual clips by holding down on them and selecting "delete from clipboard".

Reactions: captfbgnet
Upvote 0
To bring up the clipboard, first make sure you have copied something to the clipboard. The clipboard won't come up if there is nothing in it. Then go to any application that requires entering text, tap once in the text entry area, then tap on the blue slider. You will get some options including opening the clipboard. The clipboard will open at the bottom of the screen showing all the clipped text in separate tiles with the newest at the top. No, the clipboard doesn't clear itself but you can delete individual clips by holding down on them and selecting "delete from clipboard".
Thank you..works..just what I wanted to know

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones