• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread 2.3 release date?

Does this apply to ATT only? or is the Canadian Bell atrix included in this?
Bell has not even released a single update yet! I won't be holding my breath. GB will be the third update that AT&T Atrix will be getting.
Lol I'm expecting a Bell update closer to the end of the year. Bell is not so good with updates.
Very true...Bell SGS Vibrant is still on 2.1 >_>;; All of the SGS phones in Canada (Telus/Rogers) got 2.2 last year!

If the Nexus 3 (or 4G) lives up to the rumors when it comes out, I'll be switching to that.

Upvote 0
Im just waiting for GB so i can grab my free amazon app of the day :D hopefully soon
Yeah, really. Amazon Appstore for Android - Coming Soon to AT&T Phones is becoming more useless every day. It's been static for months. No communication at all from Motorola and AT&T = piss poor public relations. Throwing up a website on the Appstore fiasco isn't enough guys. Be a bit more transparent. That's what customers want.

Upvote 0
i dont understand...i can download free amazon app of the day after downloading the link ..whats the big deal?

If this is true please explain what you've done.

To all others I suggest you go here and see that they are saying GB hasn't even officially been promised to us:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/407317#407317

I would ask everyone to get friends and family and bombard Motorola, ATT, on their Facebook and Twitter pages and on the forum I listed above demanding GB right away, or at the very least demanding a quick and dirty sideloading patch.

What do you all say?

Upvote 0
Going back to the ORIGIONAL topic in the OP.. So far there isnt a specific date given. But moto made an official statement a little while back that confirmed june-july for release. We have recently seen 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 beta builds floating around.

Ken from briefmobile has a source from moto and says that we will be going right to 2.3.4 and "verrry soon". Kohlk is running 2.3.4 on his Dev Atrix right now and says its very fast and stable and is disecting it for future purposes. There is also rumor in the Dev community that the boot loader MIGHT be getting unlocked with the next update. Which is feasable since HTC and Samsung have decided to scrap locked BLs... preasure is on moto to follow.

I'd be surprised if we didnt have it by mid july, at least on AT&T

Upvote 0
A software update is now available for the Bell version of the Motorola Atrix!

- To download the update manually:
Go to Menu > Settings > About Phone > Software Update
- I'm not sure what the size of the update file is, but I would suggest downloading it over WiFi as opposed to the Bell network so you don't exceed your data allowance and incur extra charges.
- Ensure that your phone is at least 50% charged before attempting the update. Idealy, charge it beyond 50% to be safe.

-- The updated version is v37.23 and brings Android Froyo up to version 2.2.2, and contains numerous updates:
Upload Data Speed
Increased upload speed at which data can travel on the network.

Data and Voice Connection
Improvements to prevent interruptions to data and voice connection.

Screen
Improvements to prevent screen from freezing.

Improvements to call audio function so it is easier for the person you called to hear you. Please note this application is not pre-loaded on phone, but is available for download from Android Market.

Wi-Fi
Increased functionality by enabling Yahoo Email to be sent over a Wi-Fi connection.

Display
Improved International Roaming Warning Message by simplifying user notification so that it only appears on the screen when you move to a new network.

Happening Widget
Improved Happenings Widget to ensure that you receive the latest updates across the social networks you are connected to such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter.

Calling
Improvements were made to incoming and outgoing call functionality to ensure a more seamless experience

Expanded Language Support for Webtop
Accented character support within Webtop application.

Improved Support for POP/SMTP Email
Support for SMTP outgoing servers that do not require authentication

Improved Exchange Performance
Improved Exchange Email/Calendar/Contacts performance

congrats to bell atrix owners! You guys have been waiting a while :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones