• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread 2.3 release date?

yea like he was saying you do have to select that network once you create it. my new one was named AT&T it sits on the top of the list. once you select it then go and turn on the hotspot feature. you may have to power your phone off after you select it. I usually don't have to do that but haved had to once or twice before. just make sure you switch back to the default network when your done using the tether. the default is AT&T US HSPDA

Upvote 0
Cool! if it's in "testing" to specific individuals, I'd suspect maybe 1-2months before they finish receiving and sorting all the quirks, if any, and then making the general release.

This (personally) made me chuckle a bit...
... In fairness to other Motorola Feedback Network members, do not forward this communication to other parties (websites, individuals, etc). As part of your MFN survey you agreed to keep all MFN activities and notifications confidential. If we find that you have breached this agreement we may elect to remove you...
:p

Upvote 0
Cool! if it's in "testing" to specific individuals, I'd suspect maybe 1-2months before they finish receiving and sorting all the quirks, if any, and then making the general release.

This (personally) made me chuckle a bit...

:p

If I remember correctly from the last update (or maybe it was the first update), it was only a few days from the time the soak test began until the update was pushed to everybody. I'm expecting to have this by the end of the week.

Upvote 0
If I remember correctly from the last update (or maybe it was the first update), it was only a few days from the time the soak test began until the update was pushed to everybody. I'm expecting to have this by the end of the week.

I participated in the first 2 SOAK tests. One was about a week from the time we got it until it went live. The other was almost 2 weeks.

But still, based on that scale, we could see it live by the end of the month.

Upvote 0
hey guys if you want to wifi tether on att without root. I currently use this. You can use these directions to get it to work. The only catch is if att figures out that you are doing it Ive heard they will automatically put you on the 4gig tether plan at another $20 dollars a month again. you may be able to argue out of it. but like i said Ive been using it for at least 3 months and haven't had a problem or an extra charge.

Procedure:

Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.
Press ‘Menu’ and select ‘New APN’.
Enter these APN settings:
Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: <leave empty>
Port: 80
Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
Server: <leave empty>
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: <leave empty>
APN Type: <leave empty>
Once you have setup this new APN, enjoy wireless tethering at no additional cost.

website
Enable Free Wireless Data Tethering on AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G

Does this still work after the update?

Upvote 0
Some things I've noticed since getting the update...

PROS:
*Battery life seems improved (still charge mid-day during heavy use).
*Widgets at bottom are available on every screen now.
*Fingerprint scanner works every time now (before, it stopped working and had to manually re-start phone, sometimes several times a day).

CONS:
*Phone has randomly re-started twice since update (never did that to me before).
*Background is blacked out until phone is unlocked (kinda annoying, but getting used to it).
*Default music player isn't user-friendly (liked the previous music player, easier to set up playlist and repeat songs).

Upvote 0

PROS:
*Fingerprint scanner works every time now (before, it stopped working and had to manually re-start phone, sometimes several times a day).

CONS:
*Phone has randomly re-started twice since update (never did that to me before).
*Background is blacked out until phone is unlocked (kinda annoying, but getting used to it).
*Default music player isn't user-friendly (liked the previous music player, easier to set up playlist and repeat songs).

FP scanner is definitely much improved. I haven't had to reset them or hard reset at all because of FP. Also, I find the new music player is great. I used to use Winamp before since the stock one was poor IMO but now I uninstalled Winamp and am only using the stock music player.

The widget leaves much to be desired though.

Upvote 0
FP scanner is definitely much improved. I haven't had to reset them or hard reset at all because of FP. Also, I find the new music player is great. I used to use Winamp before since the stock one was poor IMO but now I uninstalled Winamp and am only using the stock music player.

The widget leaves much to be desired though.

Does it play by folder list? :)

Upvote 0

PROS:

CONS:

Since my last post, it randomly re-started two more times on my Atrix. Ironically, I was on my cell phone with at&t tech support trying to fix MMS texting problem on wife's Inspire (HTC 2.3.3 upgrade) when it re-started and got disconnected. Luckily, they called my wife's phone and they fixed the issues with her Inspire.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones