1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gingerbread 2.3 was here, then gone, now it's back

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WhizGidget, Nov 15, 2010.

?

When will VZW push a fixed GB OTA

Poll closed Jan 4, 2012.
  1. 10/11/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10/17/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 10/24/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10/31/11

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. 11/07/11

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. 11/14/111

22 vote(s)
    20.6%
  7. 11/21/11

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Don't care (rooted already, etc)

23 vote(s)
    21.5%
  9. Before Christmas

12 vote(s)
    11.2%
  10. Never, the lobsters ate all the testers so it got cancelled

11 vote(s)
    10.3%
  11. It isn't coming at all now

13 vote(s)
    12.1%
  12. Any minute now

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  13. Immediately after Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  14. The day after the apocalypse

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  15. Sometime after the sun goes supernova

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. replica9000

replica9000 Well-Known Member

Bump charge?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

Turn off fast boot ( under the applications menu).

NightAngel79 likes this.
  3. godzilla932

godzilla932 Member

It will bump charge if you turn off fastboot

4. jr461

jr461 Newbie

Well bluetooth was acting a little wonky so I broke down and did the factory reset. It prompted to install the update, however, it failed at the same spot as before the reset. So now I still have 2.2 and have to go thru setting it all up again as if it was new.

POS!!

5. rusty1945

rusty1945 Lurker

I've had numerous problems getting this update to install. When I got the update notification this last time, I did the cache wipe process outlined elsewhere and uninstalled a bunch of apps before starting the update. When I started the update, it successfully rebooted my phone (which had never happened in previous attempts). There was only this one reboot and when the phone was back operational, I checked my software version and it was still on 2.2 and said it was up to date. So the 4.08 update apparently did not install. Any ideas?

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

The only thing that helped me was a factory reset.

7. mitchellpaul

mitchellpaul Member

My friend kept complaining that her phone was being a POS, so I backed up her contacts, put her pictures on her computer, & reset her phone. She's super glad I did because she's told me numerous times how she's in love with her phone all over again. Factory Reset is the way to go.

8. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Unstuck thread. The OTA rollout has happened and traffic in here has died down.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  9. replica9000

Seems a lot of us has moved on the the Nexus.

10. jamala00

jamala00 Android Enthusiast

I still like my Inc, but I think it has become old news. Between the Rezound, Nexus, and iPhone4s... I think most have moved on. Not a lot of traffic in this forum at all anymore.

11. replica9000

The Inc will probably be one the best phones I've ever owned. It's usually an easy decision to replace my old phones, but I was holding out for something really amazing to replace my Inc. I was eligible for upgrade when the Thunderbolt and Charge came out, and neither of those I though were good enough. This time it came down the the Rezound or Nexus.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Same mentality here. I ordered the Nexus (although they're taking their sweet time shipping it) but was really stuck on the Rezound simply because of how good the Incredible was.

I haven't decided yet, but I may keep my Incredible as a touch MP3 player. In Airplane mode it will get great battery life, and I have 3 batteries, cases, and other accessories for it. Selling it may get me $180 or so max (with accessories) but it also has a slight crack in the screen so I'd have to replace that.

It's a great deal for an MP3 player since I already own it... I just can't decide if I even need one with a phone like the Nexus.

13. briman4031

briman4031 Member

The irony, the GB update finally hits and everyone jumps to 4G. If it weren't for the leap to LTE from 3G, most would probably just keep using the Inc. It is a good phone. Especially when rooted.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  14. Scorpion34

Scorpion34 Member

I'm keeping my Inc til it dies or for at least another year. Although ever since the rollout, my phone has become a bit buggy & has randomly rebooted like 8 times. It have never done that. I haven't even done the update.

15. replica9000

I had flashed CM7 to mine a couple months ago. It will definitely make your phone feel new again. I've just bought the GNex, and and CM7 on the DInc feels almost as snappy.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  16. JLSchutt

JLSchutt Member

One nice feature I've found with Gingerbread is being able to easily determine if the phone is powered on or not. Sometimes I don't remember if I've powered it off or not. With the old Froyo release, a brief tap on the power button brought the phone to life if it was already powered on but started the slow power-up process if it was off. With Gingerbread (and fast boot enabled), a brief tap on the power button does nothing if the phone is powered off but brings it to life if it is on. A longer press on the button turns the phone on if it is off.

--Jim--

NightAngel79 likes this.
  17. Minimike

Minimike Well-Known Member

When I have LTE at home and the new phone is a world phone - I might replace my Dinc.

godzilla932 likes this.
  18. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Android Expert

I know I have my Inc 2 with my nexus and I use it for a media player because I wouldn't dare use the nexus as one media player because the battery would be gone in 45 mins even with the extended battery haha

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews