1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gingerbread 2.3 was here, then gone, now it's back

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WhizGidget, Nov 15, 2010.

?

When will VZW push a fixed GB OTA

Poll closed Jan 4, 2012.
  1. 10/11/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10/17/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 10/24/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10/31/11

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. 11/07/11

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. 11/14/111

22 vote(s)
    20.6%
  7. 11/21/11

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Don't care (rooted already, etc)

23 vote(s)
    21.5%
  9. Before Christmas

12 vote(s)
    11.2%
  10. Never, the lobsters ate all the testers so it got cancelled

11 vote(s)
    10.3%
  11. It isn't coming at all now

13 vote(s)
    12.1%
  12. Any minute now

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  13. Immediately after Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  14. The day after the apocalypse

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  15. Sometime after the sun goes supernova

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. JaRN99

JaRN99 Android Enthusiast

Yes....that was fixed in an update.

Advertisement

2. JMKosmo

JMKosmo Android Expert

Okay dude....Where's my Gingerbread?

3. Again got confirmation today. I even read information about 2.3 launch in our bulletins. There will be a small deployment tomorrow followed by the full launch on Monday so some will get the update on Friday but most will follow on Monday.

Colchicine likes this.
  4. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

So hope your right :)

That said AND PLEASE, ROM GUYS CHIME in. I remember there being a big discussion about getting a hold of the ROM to pass to the devs last time we got a update.

i.e. if you get the OTA download but don't install it. Copy off and share it? or something like that.

5. blueamcat

blueamcat Newbie

I'll be waiting. ;)

6. trowpa

trowpa Member

Anyone know the likelihood if this update closing any of the "hidden" menu tweaks such as that allow for tethering, stop popups when connecting via usb etc?

7. Medion

Medion Android Expert

November OTA fixed that and a few other issues. There are many ROMs floating around based on that, including the one in my sig.

8. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

to stop pop up CDROM when pluggin in phone:

follow these steps:

Dial ##7764726
    Hit Call
    Type Password is 000000
    Hit Feature Settings
    Choose CD ROM
    Click Disable
    Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)
    Back out to home

9. funkpod

funkpod Well-Known Member

WOW... i didn't know Light Grid Pro could look that great on an Incredible... like, actually seeing it in a picture as opposed to a screen shot... i might have to go buy it now!@

10. captainm27

captainm27 Well-Known Member

Oh ok, thanks for the update! I feel far more confident now.

11. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

November was awhile ago!

can't wait for the next OTA!

hopefully the inc2 get's it first though lol.

12. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

shush with that inc2 talk around here :p

13. johnt519

johnt519 Well-Known Member

So? Has anyone seen this yet? (going out on a limb and guessing the answer is "No") :rolleyes:

14. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

15. nimbuscrenel

nimbuscrenel Newbie

Nothin here either. I'm constantly checking for system updates too... although I suppose I would get some sort of notification anyway, right?

16. johnt519

johnt519 Well-Known Member

I would think... But I'm not holding my breath, especially since there's been no other leaks/tidbits anywhere else, other than this mysterious Evan...

I suppose I could say I work for Verizon's Android division, and could state that I've seen that the Ice Cream Sandwich update will be coming out instead of GB... :rolleyes:

17. nimbuscrenel

nimbuscrenel Newbie

true.... I always wonder why a REAL employee would risk their jobs by posting in forums like these.... but I wish they would! ;)

18. Emmnemms

Emmnemms Newbie

I would almost think that just because this Evan guy is saying it will happen, actually means it won't :/

19. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Lurker

*sigh* I think I'll be rooting and running Cyanogenmod.

20. Medion

Medion Android Expert

Verizon typically does small pushes to begin a roll-out, followed by a mass roll-out. If what he said was true, it will be sometime next week that you get your update (with Monday being the first big wave). These updates aren't pushed out to every owner over the course of one day. They usually go at least a week, sometimes longer.

With that said, I stated a page or two back that I was skeptical because this is the same thing we put up with in regards to Froyo from June through August. It won't be any different here. Expect a constant stream of self-proclaimed insiders claiming to know the date, and being wrong, before the date finally comes.

21. trowpa

trowpa Member

I know silly.. My question was not how to do it but rather if there was any risk of an ota closing these back door tweaks we have made.

22. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Unfortunate but you are most likely correct....

23. Medion

Medion Android Expert

It's official, folks. This update did not occur. As I stated last time, do not get your hopes up from self-proclaimed insiders. It will happen when it happens.

24. Jman42028

Jman42028 Well-Known Member

I still haven't seen anything in vzw's systems saying anything about a gb update, however I did see it shortly before the X got their gb...I'm just saying.....

25. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member

My phone reset this morning around 8am...thought I got a text message but the "Droiiiidddddd" was a bit off...got excited for a brief moment that an update might have taken place. Not sure why I had a reset but it certainly wasn't an update. The one morning I can sleep in and I was awoken by a misleading "Drooiiiiiiiddddddd". Crap.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews