1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gingerbread and Exchange and disappearing emails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smartphoneguru, Sep 16, 2011.

1. smartphoneguru

None

Dec 10, 2010
    I got the Gingerbread update and decided to give the native Exchange app a try once more. I was using the native Exchange app with Froyo but I had a weird case of disappearing emails. Emails would disappear from the phone in batches (a group of 5 or 10) but they would still be on the server. So I moved to Touchdown and never had that problem. In my first morning of using Gingerbread and Exchange I have 4 consecutive emails that have disappeared from the phone but still in my Outlook folder and one the server. What the hell is going on here??

I was using Touchdown for email and the native Exchange app for contacts and calendar. Touchdown synced contacts way to slow and I like the HTC calendar better than Touchdown and no case of disappearing contacts or appointments. After upgrading to Gingerbread my phone was hard reset. I'm trying to get Touchdown just to sync email but as soon as I set it up it starts syncing contacts too which is causing duplicates since I already have the native app syncing contacts. Any ideas? I've emailed Nitrodesk last night too. Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

2. smartphoneguru

None

Dec 10, 2010
    I figured a workaround. I moved all of my contacts into a subfolder in Outlook and then set up Touchdown. This way the contacts would not sync to the phone. I then went into Touchdown settings and deselected the contacts tab from the sync menu. I then moved my contacts back into the main folder in Outlook. I now have Touchdown set up for email and tasks and the native exchange for contacts and calendar. I do not have any duplicate contacts now!