1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gingerbread and LauncherPro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by line6ix, Sep 8, 2011.

1. line6ix

line6ix Newbie
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    So, I just got my GB update and LauncherPro is now inaccessible to me without the help of another program (Home Switcher). In Froyo, I used to be able to hit my "home" capacitive button and it gave me the option to choose Sense or LP. Now, it does nothing, and if I'm in LP (via Home Switcher) hitting the "home" button just takes me back to Sense, no questions asked. Was there a way to get that "Choose your UI" prompt back so that I don't have to deal with Home Switcher? Is it because of GB that i didn't have to worry about this before?

Advertisement

2. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Male
    Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > select All tab at top > select HTC sense and scroll down and press clear defaults. Go back and do same for LP. When you press Home you should get dialog box to pick.

3. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    EOD/UXO
    Nevada
    I am using LP with GB, and find it faster than Sense. I do get the option to choose when i exit some things.

4. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Georgia
    I've followed these directions but it's not working. Home button just goes to Sense every time w/ no option.

btw, i received the GB update 2 nights ago and all went well, (2.3.5). Then my phone updated this morning and rebooted into the Sense setup instead of my default Launcher Pro. Also, the s/w version has moved backward. (2.3.4).

Any other ideas to make the Home button work correctly?

5. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Georgia
    Ok, just figured out how to fix it myself. I simply downloaded a different launcher, GoLauncher EX, figuring it would then prompt me when I hit "home". It worked. Uninstalled GoLauncher and I'm finally back to where I was pre-update.

One day, Google, please just allow us to run vanilla Android on any Android device. Require that option from manufacturers.

jack6383 likes this.
  6. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI

They can't...that's not how Android license works and google has no intention of changing that. They don't want to tie under OEMs hands like that. The idea is let anyone who wants to implement Android do it however the want. So if HTC or motorola want to only release phones with their launcher, that's their right.