1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gingerbread for Orange!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by piercy79, Sep 14, 2011.

1. piercy79

piercy79 Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Hi, does anyone know the arrival date for Gingerbread on Galaxy Ace Orange Customers in the Uk please?

Advertisement

2. Cardboard

Cardboard Newbie
    None

May 18, 2011
    I updated to Gingerbread via Kies a couple of days ago and I'm on orange.
    Am trying to deal with another issue im having at the mo whereby I can't send texts!! Don't think its to do with the update or more people would be having issues!

3. GrahamF

GrahamF Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    London
    Hi, you obviously haven't seen all the forums then, this is a BIG issue on several networks after the GB upgrade! Vodafone, Orange, Virgin, T-Mobile etc..... Can't send SMS texts if wifi is on, or if 3G is on, or packet data is on etc...! Have a good look here or on XDA forum & you'll see + there are a few workarounds suggested, but no fix yet. And to piercy79 - regarding doing the actual upgrade, following many negative comments & advice from my network (02-UK) I would suggest you checkout all the feedback & decide whether to do it yet or not. There are several annoying bugs, including this one & lagging etc... Hope this helps. GrahamF. London.:thinking:

4. piercy79

piercy79 Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Hi, thanks for the advice - i have connected my Ace to Kies tonight and it's telling me i'm already on the latest firmware so i don't think GB is available for me yet... and touch wood, my Ace is being nice to me at the moment!