• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread is here...just in case you missed it.

HTC Facebook said:
Android 2.3 Update for HTC Desire

Hey guys, we're happy to announce that Gingerbread for Desire is here! Please visit our Developer website to access the download. HTC - Developer Center

Please note that the following regional variants are not compatible with this upgrade: Germany (Telekom Deutschland), North America, South Korea and Japan.

As we've mentioned, this upgrade will remove some important functionality and experiences in your HTC Desire. For that reason, we only recommend upgrading if your an expert user or developer. Please make sure to read the full disclaimer about the changes if you do decide to upgrade. Also, flashing this ROM will erase your previous customizations, including any messages, emails, contacts, and other personal information so make sure you backup your data.

Thanks for your interest and support!

So, okay. What....?

I am not sure what they are saying - are they saying 2:3 is ONLY going to be a specific download aimed at developers and it will not be pushed out OTA as a normal update? :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

If so, I have not rooted my phone all this time to ensure that it is stock and can receive official updates, when now it will be stuck on 2:2 unless I root?

Ugh. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones