• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gingerbread is on the way andoid os 3.0

DailyTech - Android 3.0 "Gingerbread" Launches Q4, Will Kill Off OEM UI "Skins"

As it seems Android 3.0 (Gingerbread) is gonna make Froyo look pretty outdated once Gingerbread is released.

Luckily for EVO owners, the EVO meets the minimum requirements for Gingerbread. The downside is that you're gonna have to give up HTC Sense.

What makes this update significant is that Google is trying to rid itself of fragmentation across devices. This is going to do wonders for quality control across the board, from the OS itself, to the Apps.

The significant changes are:

No more 3rd party UI
Minimum 1ghz cpu and 512mb ram
Supports 1280x760 screen res
Faster UI
Smoother UI
Better Looking UI

I think all of these changes above to Android is gonna make it a real big contender late 2010. I think one more minor update after Gingerbread hits, I think Android is going to be very close in the "polished" level to that iOS4.

As for WinMo7, MS better have something amazing come late 2010, or they're gonna be left behind again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones