• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread is out for asia..has anyone tried it...?

all regions firmwares work on our device as it is made for the same..only the thing is that it should have your desired language and it should support your network carriers..for instance i am(actually many) using european version though i am from india...
oh I see......neways the experience after upgrading has been fantastic so far...

Another thing...why dont we put up a new forum thread containg all official and unofficial roms(especially latest cyanogen ported mod) coz it is very difficult to look for cm ports in the internet!:D

Upvote 0
Ya that would be nice...but I still dont know much about them...still waiting for official cm7..these are new to me as mini is my first android..and been doing l lot of gooooogling to learn it..and some times even laugh at myself thinking..if I show this much of interest in my studies..i would get better grades..lol..any way hope for the best...

Upvote 0
Ya that would be nice...but I still dont know much about them...still waiting for official cm7..these are new to me as mini is my first android..and been doing l lot of gooooogling to learn it..and some times even laugh at myself thinking..if I show this much of interest in my studies..i would get better grades..lol..any way hope for the best...

Yup!...I'm a student too...and this is my Forst Android INDEED!!!!!!!!

so, we are sailing on the same boat :p

Upvote 0
Do you know for which particular country it has been released to?

Yes the asian region rom available from samfirmware.com is for CHina And Hong Kong.
The rom naming convention tells which rom is for which country..
For eg: S5570DDKPB

S5570 =Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini

DD = India

K = Release Year (2011) , L = 2012 ,etc

For more info Samsung Letter Code - www.SamFirmware.com

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I don't think the official version of cyanogenmod for galalxy pop/mini will be released ever because the developer (tj_style) has abandoned the project. The latest stable release cm 7.1.0 RC1 is available with many big fixes and it is still best rom ever for mini. Try upgrading to this. For more info visit:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...od-7-1-0-samsung-galaxy-pop-mini-gts5570.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1167750

Reactions: Small_town_boy
Upvote 0
I don't think the official version of cyanogenmod for galalxy pop/mini will be released ever because the developer (tj_style) has abandoned the project. The latest stable release cm 7.1.0 RC1 is available with many big fixes and it is still best rom ever for mini. Try upgrading to this. For more info visit:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...od-7-1-0-samsung-galaxy-pop-mini-gts5570.html

[DEV] [Samsung GT-S5570] [ROM & Kernel] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7 - xda-developers
NO ONE ELSE AROUND TO CREATE CUSTOM ROMS ,EH?
BAD LUCK! JUST GOT MY GALAXY MINI 1 WEEK AGO!

But wont give up yet........searching every corner of internet for custom roms!,but i seroiusly need everyone's help...

Upvote 0
I understand I may try that......but that is around 3 month old rom and there are no possibilities of newer roms...

No, you are wrong the latest update for cm7 was on august 22nd and it is quite stable and very good for personal/normal use. Though there won't be further releases bug (if any) fixes will be made available read carefully (last edited part) the first post of the thread [DEV] [Samsung GT-S5570] [ROM & Kernel] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7 - xda-developers . Its just 20 days old & probably the latest..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones