• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbread IS ROOTED

Weird error w/ Corporate Sync/Exchange here:

I get the encryption required notification and when I click "proceed" I get this error:

There is not enough memory to encrypt device data. Please remove old or unused application data to free up some memory and try again.

I tried rebooting but it keeps coming back. My emails are still coming in and my contacts have synced so it's not stopping me from getting the data.

Any ideas?

You are hitting the error when the Exchange policy requires encryption, even without Exchange if you go into Settings > Loc and Security > Encrypt phone you'll get the same error.

A guess from the clueless...could this be an issue that the encryption should be happening in the kernel and our leaked SBF can't update the kernel?

Upvote 0
Weird error w/ Corporate Sync/Exchange here:

I get the encryption required notification and when I click "proceed" I get this error:

There is not enough memory to encrypt device data. Please remove old or unused application data to free up some memory and try again.

I tried rebooting but it keeps coming back. My emails are still coming in and my contacts have synced so it's not stopping me from getting the data.

Any ideas?

Did you try freeing up space?

Upvote 0
You are hitting the error when the Exchange policy requires encryption, even without Exchange if you go into Settings > Loc and Security > Encrypt phone you'll get the same error.

A guess from the clueless...could this be an issue that the encryption should be happening in the kernel and our leaked SBF can't update the kernel?
The Phone Encryption works on the non-Rooted Gingerbread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones