1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gingerbread is too advanced for this phone according to Orange

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DCTEN, Sep 15, 2011.

1. DCTEN

DCTEN Well-Known Member

I could hardly believe my ears when the Orange customer services rep went off to ask his tech team why my wi-fi doesn't stay connected!

The 'techies' have said according to my customer services rep, that Gingerbread is too advanced for the HTC Desire HD and it was only made for the newer Andriod handsets like...wait for it....The Sam Galaxy S2!!!

Has anyone else heard of this groundbreaking bit of news???

I'm at a loss as to what to make of the whole thing!!!:eek:

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Google's Nexus S is virtually the same spec as the DHD and it was their flagship, Gingerbread device, it runs it fine. The techies may have been talking about the original Desire which had a stripped down version of Gingerbread by all accounts. My Wildfire S runs GB with no issues, it's nowhere near as powerful as the DHD.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what Orange say; the last time I called, I had to explain to 3 different people what a static IP was.

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

And I'm sure that sales rep can get a nice commission if he can convince people he's talking with to update early to a newer phone ;)

4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Yeah... the DHD definately can't handle Gingerbread... that's why I've been running CM7 for the past 4-5 months!

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews