1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gingerbread keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by plawson93, Jun 2, 2011.

1. plawson93

plawson93 Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    so, i downloaded the "keyboard from android 2.3" app, and love it. the settings are just how i like them, all except for one thing. it comes with a bar above the keyboard itself that contains symbols, etc. since it already has the symbol key, the bar is really unnecessary, and is just taking up screen space. any way i can remove it?

Advertisement

2. nateap87

nateap87 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    California
    Its gonna come up no matter what with word suggestions so it might as well contain the symbols while its at it. I use it constantly after I hit the space bar for much needed symbols. But to answer your question, yes. Turn off word recommendations and touch to fix. I just did it.

plawson93 likes this.
  3. Jrife

None

Mar 19, 2011
    Hey Look Man I'm Just A Regular Guy! LOL
    Another diminshion and in this dimension
    is swype going to be an option in Gingerbread? I'm saying without downloading it from a site.

4. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    Do yourself a favor and download the SwiftKey X Beta keyboard from the Market. I already thought this about SwiftKey, but the beta confirms it.....it's the best keyboard currently available imo. Even better than Swype to me.

The beta just made the best even better imo. The word prediction is insane and it's just a great keyboard overall. Check it out.

Dobieg and DoctorZaius68 like this.
  5. MRW1215

MRW1215 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    I'm curious... I have an iPod Touch, and I notice when I type on that, I can type as fast as I need to. But on my Thunderbolt (using the stock keyboard), if I type too fast, it changes the last letter I typed to the next one one I type. For instance, if I try to write out "Hello" really fast, I might get to "He", then type an l and it becomes "Hl".

My question is, is that just how all Android keyboards are, or is this just something that happens with the stock keyboard? It's kind of annoying, because I've been becoming quicker and quicker with typing stuff out, but it seems like I have to slow myself down when I use my Thunderbolt, otherwise my words get written all funky because the cursor stays on the letter and changes it to the next letter, instead of jumping right to the next letter.

6. skinien

skinien Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    The stock keyboard may not be multi touch. Try the gingerbread keyboard from the market

7. konman

konman Member
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Need to a bigger spacebar, tired of having to press the dam period