1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gingerbread leak .595 issues...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ghmerrill, May 21, 2011.

1. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Member

Ok... I'm having several problems with the .595 leak. I tried to go back to 2.2 by restoring in clockwork, but the phone would not boot after I restored- just stayed at the red m logo for over half an hour. Tried to wipe and restore again, and same thing. So question one- is it not possible to restore to an earlier version after you go to 2.3?

Ok...problems with 2.3 that are unacceptable and making me want to dump it-

Camera freezes every time you open it, camcorder too.

Calendar will open, and show what you have on it, but will not allow you to add events from the phone. The new event window opens and immediately closes... No fc message, just open and close right away.

Wifi tethering won't work..... When you start the tethering, the phone tethering turns on to, so the computer shows two connections available. Connecting to either one takes you to the vz tethering sign up page. Turning off the native tethering makes it so that wifi tether won't connect I went on the wifi tether website, and upgraded to the latest, 3.0, and it does the same thing.....

Ok..I'm hoping someone can help me with this. All in all, I really like the look and feel of gb, but these three issues are major, the calendar and wifi issues are deal breakers for me.

Any help GREATLY appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

Try reflashing .595 . I don't have any of those problems at all and I'm running .595 as my daily. Only problem I have is LPP lags some. Much better than it used to be, but still a little lag upon wake.

3. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

I've not had any of those issues and I have been running the .595 since a few days after it came out.

4. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

Also... 2.2 is Froyo... 2.3 is Gingerbread. You cannot restore a nandroid of Froyo on Gingerbread and vice-versa. You have to .SBF back to Froyo and then re-root and bootstrap and then restore your 2.2 nandroid.

5. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

Also... you will not be able to wifi tether on Gingerbread unless you do some other steps which most people won't help you with considering Verizon is now monitoring illegal tethering. It is possible, but I don't recommend it. If you need to tether, just pay for it.

6. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Member

Thanks. Just re flashed 2.3, and the calendar still won't work, so I think I will have to re download the zip for .595. Got the camera working by downloading a 2.2 camera apk, then deleting it. Dont know why that worked, but it did.

Tethering... Hmmm.... Guess you gots to know the secret handshake on that one.

7. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Member

I have looked everywhere, and can't find a link for the calendar apk anywhere. I've tried several search terms. I wont be in front of a computer for several days, does someone have a link to calendar 2.3 apk?

Checked the chadhaney website, not there.

8. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

What path did you take to the .595? Did you flash the 3 file .588 first?

9. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

i would honestly wait for more GB roms to establish themselves, and then we will have more and better calendar updates. however i do understand your frustration, you can go into settings, under applications and locate your calendar, and then i would suggest you clear cache, if your problem, persists, i would recommend what jonathanmsims suggests and reflash .595

your tethering will not work, unless you pay for it, then you must use the verizon 3g hotspot app

10. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

I did have issues with .591 like these. I had to factory reset in stock recovery and then reflash .591. Make sure after u do au factory wipe u boot back up and reroot and install bootstrap then reflash . Its a pain cause not only do u have to reroot and then install bootstrap again but then u have to either reinstall ur apps and settings or restore via tibu.

11. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

I have the google servers back up all my apps.

12. ghmerrill

ghmerrill Member

I could understand it fc ing, but its not. I tried to re flash 3 times, doing wipe each time. I will try to clear cache, didn't try that, so I will. To get to 595, I did the 3 part first, then the 595 update, wiping between.

I can go to google through the browser to add to my calendar, so I guess I can survive until I figure out the problem, or find another rom.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews