• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread NEWS and SPECULATION: All 2.3 Info Will Be Merged Here

When will Samsung drop Gingerbread on the Galaxy S?

• Beginning of Summer

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Beginning of Fall

Votes: 25 17.2%
  • Will look nice under the Christmas Tree

Votes: 29 20.0%
  • Snowball's chance in hell, ie. never

Votes: 63 43.4%
  • Right after the Flyers win Lord Stanley's Cup

Votes: 10 6.9%

• Total voters
you do know Sprint has been testing gingerbread. Believe the last build mentioned was EE04 which I believe stands for May 4th as the build date with some people in the know saying it was pretty complete. This is a big difference from how things were handled with Froyo.

But with the Flyers out of the running, my prediction in the poll is shot. :(

Upvote 0
The teaser, yeap... but it doesn't say the build or anything else.

doesnt need to.. look at the status bar :p something is working that wasnt on ed12 :p

also i said i was going to the ns4g, not acs ill still be posted crap they do here, no reason to get snippy because i got a new phone. truth be told i was on a heroc before i got my nexus, and when i joined acs i had a g2. what device i use has no bearing on the team

Upvote 0
doesnt need to.. look at the status bar :p something is working that wasnt on ed12 :p

also i said i was going to the ns4g, not acs ill still be posted crap they do here, no reason to get snippy because i got a new phone. truth be told i was on a heroc before i got my nexus, and when i joined acs i had a g2. what device i use has no bearing on the team

This^
k0nane hasn't had his Epic for how long? like 2 months? lol and yet he still develops!

Upvote 0
Never even thought to change it. Okay....190+ posts in less than a day. :D Still pretty good for the lil ol' Epic. I remember all the crap people gave the Epic, and it's like it was a late bloomer.
It's only 4 pages... change your settings off of n00b view :p

And some of the talk over at XDA is that the official will drop around mid June if that helps anyone. As I said, my #5 choice in the poll is long gone.

Upvote 0
Well that's a much better read than the basic stuff written by the blogs.

and EE03 is pretty sweet so far, and that's just stock. Can only imagine it getting a bit better when the official hits and the customs come.

Yeah I can't wait to see some of the custom stuff ACS can do when the official release comes out. If its anything like the one I'm currently using, it'll be amazing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones