1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread official release date?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Funderbolt, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

Didn't think it would bring it any quicker, just asking.

Advertisement

2. AustinTech

AustinTech Android Enthusiast

I get that. :)

I visit this site once or twice a day just waiting for the "GB has arrived" thread. The update info will show up on the forums before I actually know the update is available on my phone.

GB - Hopefully soon! :D

red66charger likes this.
  3. Maddog241

Maddog241 Member

Android Police have linked up a new RUU for version 2.11.605.2. Could this be the official?

http://lts.cr/xBP

I downloaded, but I'm getting a mismatch on the MD5.

OOPS...this was supposed to be a new thread...resubmitted...

4. Axe_1

Axe_1 Member

Just a thought....OTA will be here tomorrow evening

5. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

Just curious but what exactly supporters GB being to the table? Now that my GPS works and the reboots have stopped. There isn't much else to upgrade. At least as far as I can see.

6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

The OS is better designed for battery and process management than Froyo. Not really much change visually, even less seeing as the phone will still have Sense 2.1 UI on top of android but you should notice better battery life and less lag.

red66charger likes this.
  7. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert

FWIW, the Verizon Fall catalog lists GB as a feature of the T-Bolt, one would think the OTA SHOULD be here within a few days or a week of that catalog dropping.

8. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

Maybe by the time they drop that catalog, they remove the line that says GB.

9. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

Oh ok, well I guess that is worth looking forward to, since the short battery life is the one lingering issue I have with the phone.

10. cbj5259

cbj5259 Newbie

Pretty sure they are not gonna make the "by the end of Q3" promise they made over the summer, just like they didn't make the "by the end of Q2" promise they made in the spring, just like they didn't make the GB to be released "very soon" promise they made back in March when the phone came out. Very dissatisfied with the whole experience with this phone. On my 3rd TB and even this one still has some bugs, but they are bearable. This was my first and will be my last HTC phone. If it wasn't for it having LTE, I would still be rocking my OG Droid which was virtually problem free. It amazes me how much HTC and VZW really dropped the ball on this phone. ICS will be out soon and we will still be on Froyo. I know..i know root blah blah blah..i don't want to. I just want a phone that was supposed to be a flagship phone to get some flagship love and not be treated like Arnold Shwatzenegger's love child.

11. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert

Delays are nothing new to Android releases by manufacturers, nothing unique to HTC. Unless you have a phone with the pure Android experience on it (nexus comes to mind), you'll rely on the manufacturer to release OS updates after they test it with the hardware and their overlay if they use one. Even the Droid (which was about as pure as you'd get without going to google itself) saw some delays with OS releases. The part I'd be most concerned about is the rumor that the TB will never see ICS...

12. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast

I have a feeling that GB will be delayed again. I am another one of those people that feels uncomfortable rooting my phone, but this has gone on for quite some time. I'll probably end up using revolutionary to root tomorrow night when I get home from classes, that way I can have GB and ICS if I want, and not have to way for all these delays to be over with.

13. Gnoop

Gnoop Newbie

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Android Enthusiast

Hopefully we'll have the ota update by Wednesday...

15. Fish385

Fish385 Lurker

Mobilewhack.com states:

"Luckily, if you were anxiously awaiting the release of the Android

16. SeekerOfTheWay

SeekerOfTheWay Android Enthusiast

Nothing showing on my handset yet. I hope GB Improves battery life.

17. SeekerOfTheWay

SeekerOfTheWay Android Enthusiast

Will GB improve batteryvlife?

18. MRW1215

MRW1215 Well-Known Member

Don't these updates to the page go up about a week or two before the OTA actually gets pushed out? So, probably a little more time before we actually start getting it. Also, when I go on the Verizon support site for the Thunderbolt, it only shows me the page for the MR2 update.

19. droid747

droid747 Member

Well I heard voice mail notification is broke on this update. If that's the case, wouldn't Verizon have to provide u with a new phone since it is their update that would break this feature? I might root and backup my 2.2 install as I have the original thunderbolt 2.2 as I declined the past updates. My 2.2 works great and I get better data speeds on it compared to a Mr2 updated thunderbolt sitting next to it. That way I could revert back if gingerbread doesn't work as well.

20. brtnygrn

brtnygrn Member

21. brtnygrn

brtnygrn Member

Software Update: HTC Thunderbolt™ - COMING SOON!
    It now says coming soon. I didn't expect it to be today but this is the first official advertisement. Better than nothin' :D

22. MRW1215

MRW1215 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the site I was going to before. Up until about an hour ago, it kept showing me the previous update info. Then I checked a little while ago, and it showed the new one.

23. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

Gah. Stop putting more VCAST crap on it!!!

Other than that..should be fun when we get it.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews