• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread on the Droid X - October?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah that is what I meant duh!! LOL

Well a lot of the time people upgrade there phone and more problems happen. My friend has the Droid Eris and he tried to upgrade it to the new 2.0 (I think that is what it is). Well it got all screwed up he told me once they put it on. So he went back to verizon and put the old 1.7 on it his phone again and all was fine. So I hope when I upgrade it does not happen the same way once I get the phone.

I work for Verizon Wireless Technical Support and I can just remember how high the call volumes were when the new 2.0 update was pushed out. At least 80% of my calls were cust. who had issues with that new update.

Reactions: tuggy24g
Upvote 0
well when i had my eris and was waiting forever for 2.1 i just downloaded one of the leaked versions and had no problems whatsoever. When verizon takes months to finally push an update there should be no problems idk who developers can get the same update out weeks or even months before with relatively little to no bugs when verizon cant when they supposedly test it before releasing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones