1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gingerbread problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mo78, Jun 8, 2011.

1. mo78

mo78 Guest
    None
    Hi All,

I installed Gingerbread (S5570XXKPF) and I have some problems/issues since. I would be grateful for any help.

1. In the phone settings menu that appears when the power button is held, the link to turn on/off the data connection is gone. Is that normal?

2. When I hold for selection or context menu, the phone vibrates. Is there a way to turn that off? I don't think that it was like this with Froyo.

3. My biggest problem is that whenever I activitate Wifi, my router restarts. It worked fine with Froyo and in the beginning after the upgrade it worked too. Now I can only use it for some seconds.

Thank you very much

Advertisement

2. atulalvenkar

atulalvenkar Member
    None

Mar 7, 2011
    1. The Galaxy mini phones in India atleast has only 3 options in froyo. Silent mode/Flight mode/power off . There was no option to turn data off.

2. Go to Settings > Sounds . at the very bottom there are some option which might help you to turn that off. They are there in froyo atleast.

3. Your router might have issues. It's highly unlikely a device can cause router to malfunction. Try doing it with any other phone and see.

3. androidhaka

androidhaka Member
    None

May 10, 2011
    gingerbread possible for GT S5570 froyo 2.2?

4. mo78

mo78 Guest
    None
    Yes! As other posts already mentioned, it's available on samfirmware.

5. tatsunoko

tatsunoko Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Hello, I am having problem with GPS after the update, it does not connect with satellites already tried using the code * # * # 1472365 # * # * to try using the standalone mode, but when I enter the code it does not open anything.

The version of my phone is from Brazil (UB) and can not find the right rom for downgrading, if anyone knows how to solve these problems one :D:D:D:D:D

6. androidhaka

androidhaka Member
    None

May 10, 2011
    for INDIA and subcontinent?

7. formidible

formidible Newbie
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Manchester UK
    I have recently installed Gingerbread 2.3.4 for my Galaxy S and the option to turn on/off data is definitely there. However there is no option to turn on/off wifi.

8. windfeng998

windfeng998 Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    Do you assign the Mac address to the router? Or, you need register your S5570 on the router again.:p

9. mo78

mo78 Guest
    None
    Hi, sorry but I don't quite understand what you are implying.

Of course the router MAC address is already set. I've tried assigning fixed IPs, limiting the IP range, tried all the channels and encryption modes, but nothing worked.

Cheers

10. kalikool123

kalikool123 Member
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Kerala
    I am from India and i bought a galaxy pop (Indian version of galaxy mini) with froyo 2.2.

I recently updated the phone with European gingerbread stock rom 2.3.4 and changed my galaxy pop to galaxy mini.

Everything is working fine like rooted apps, games, messeging,calls etc,but when Itry to recharge my mobile phone account using USSD code , it gives error messege that that the code is wrong.

Other USSD codes are working fine.

11. Mh50000

Mh50000 Lurker
    None

Dec 7, 2011
    Dear All,
    After i flashed android gingerbread 2.3.4 on my samsung galaxy mini phone, the menu button i have in my phone is not working at all which does not allow me to use options like in call logs and other options, did anyone faced an issue like this before and if so i d ask anyone's help in this regard,
    thanks in advance

12. aqsiangelo

aqsiangelo Lurker
    None

Oct 8, 2011
    i already upgraded my samsung galaxy mini to gingerbread. it works perfecly for me. the battery life was being expanded. better typing experience. the best gps experience in galaxy mini. i have so such problems. going back to your problem. did you follow the proper instructions given in youtube to upgrade samsung galaxy mini from froyo to gingerbread?

13. androidhaka

androidhaka Member
    None

May 10, 2011
    hi,

mine has build number GINGERBREAD.DDKQ7 and i sure its from INDIA (though i bought in bangladesh, samsung released this set from india). I have 4 options when i hold power button. silent mode/data network mode/flight mode/power off.

also upgrading froyo to gingerbread through KIES, i have faced one problem. My speed dialing is not working. I have assigned contacts as per digit, and when i run call..its runs USSD codes...why?

14. tanmay07it

tanmay07it Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2012
    i recently updated my android from 2.2 to 2.3.6 in samsung galaxy pop. now its giving a plug in plug out type noise whenever i select the 5.1ch option in media player. plz tell me a solution for it.