• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbread ROM?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I would expect most of the first ROMS we see after the release yesterday are Froyo ROMS with Gingerbread features. Google still needs to release the source for Gingerbread for the real AOSP ROMS to be developed.

Yup, that's how it was back when Froyo was coming out. Devs were making 2.1 ROMs with bits of 2.2 in em

Loving the new keyboard Fabolous, and yeah with D1's you will get constant FC's until you uncheck the unused "Android Keyboard" in the settings

Upvote 0

yeah BUT that is in reference to his BB ROM mostly and if you have watched Pete's releases in the past, he normally cranks out the vanilla odexed and deodexed rooted versions of OS updates before he even gets to his BB ROM. So for me, I just liked the vanilla stock rooted versions and 'think' he has to do that before he can even work on BB so would hope, as in the past, those would come out first. I don't care about using BB, I'll take just the deodexed rooted vanilla version of the 2.3.... if he makes it :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones