1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

gingerbread status bar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MongolStomp, Sep 6, 2011.

1. MongolStomp

MongolStomp Android Enthusiast

So I just rooted today and flashed Das Bamf Sense 3.0 RC4.9 and so far its pretty good however I really don't like the status bar. I would really like to keep sense 3.0 but have a Gingerbread looking status bar. Is there anyway to accomplish this? If so, how? Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I would suggest trying out different sense 3.0 roms. I believe Synergy is a 3.0 rom, I don't know if it has the status bar you are wanting. Also UberBAMF allows you to pick and choose what elements you want.

3. Eris1981

Eris1981 Android Enthusiast

If you like 4.9 (aside from the status bar) the BAMF Uber rom PR3 is very stable on my phone. I flashed the camera fix right off the bat.

The Sense 3.0 status bar does throw me off still though, I had used Launcher Pro for a long time before going to this.

4. MongolStomp

I wanna try Uber Bamf but I kind of want to wait until its official and not a "preview" . So there are no skins, tweaks, or themes that can give me a stocking-looking GB status bar with sense?

5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Are you looking for the power control widget? I don't know if that can be done within sense.

Also don't let the rom status to deter you from flashing it wouldn't be available if it wasn't capable of being a daily driver (unless it is miui)

6. MongolStomp

I don't mind the functionality of the Bamf I just don't like the way it looks at the top of my phone. I'd prefer the gingerbread one with the vertical battery and green service bars. Perhaps I will flash uber bamf soon, seems cool.

7. shaddyyy

shaddyyy Well-Known Member

I am wondering the same if we are able to have the blacked out status bar with the green service icons as a mod which those who have sense ui

8. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

you would have to find someone who would throw together a theme for you. I would, i just dont know how to get it flashable.

but the battery icons are in the framework-res.apk
    the wifi, 3g,4g,1x,signal, and BT icons are in the systemUI.apk
    the status bar background itself is controlled by the skin being run. so a new skin would also have to be created.
    its a LOT of work but definitely possible with someone who knows what they are doing.....read, not me :)

9. MongolStomp

Suppose one has to throw a request for such a theme over at XDA or Team Bamf huh?

10. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

You would just need a dev willing to do it. Not sure of someone here team bamf would be the first place I would suggest you start

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews