• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gingerbread to Jelly Bean

The refurb phone from eBay ($43+$10 shipping-$15 eBay coupon) is excellent.

Cosmetically, it is flawless. It even came with a new battery, as well as charger. I moved the SIM and SD cards to the new phone, and I was in business. Contrary to my expectation, it shipped with Jelly Bean installed.

I have had a recurrent minor software problem: A couple times a day I get an error message "process.com.google.process.gapps has stopped". I tried everything, including clearing caches and even a factory data reset, but it still happens.

Generally, a happy ending.

Upvote 0
I moved the SIM and SD cards to the new phone...
As a last resort, you might try a FDR complete with formatting the internal SD storage AND the removable SD card as well (Back everything up first of course). Sometimes, there are files saved on the SD cards that can get corrupt and cause strange errors. If you have an old SD card you can also try formatting that card and swapping in that card as well to see if it makes a difference.

Upvote 0
I have had a recurrent minor software problem: A couple times a day I get an error message "process.com.google.process.gapps has stopped". I tried everything, including clearing caches and even a factory data reset, but it still happens.

I don't have the problem. Googling I found ...

How to fix "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" or "google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" and its actually quite an easy fix. It shouldn't really matter on what device you see this error, or with what app/function it occurred, just follow these easy steps:

1. Go to MENU
2. Go to SETTINGS
3. Go to APPS
4. Look for DOWNLOAD MANAGER under ALL
5. Disable it then enable it

Let me know.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones