1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gingerbread update (fix)?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cajun86, Sep 19, 2011.

1. cajun86

cajun86 Newbie

Any news when the fix is coming for Gingerbread from Motorola?

Advertisement

2. ScuroRaven

ScuroRaven Well-Known Member

Fix for what? I have not heard of any issues that needs to be fixed.

3. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Android Enthusiast

Please clarify as to what you think needs to be "Fixed"?

So far, I am not aware of any MAJOR bugs in the OS to be fixed. Sure, some people have had individual problems, but that happens on every build and is usually limited to a handful of people.

Perhaps you should start a thread in the Support and Troubleshooting forum telling us what problems you are having and we'll see if we can help you resolve them.

4. mcbaes72

mcbaes72 Newbie

Well, here's something they need to fix since the GB update...random restarts. About once or twice a week, my Atrix reboots, doesn't matter if I'm on a phone call, listening to music or watching YouTube clips. Worst case was last week when it happened three times in two days.

Is this happening to anyone else? I'll check out the troubleshooting forum.

EDIT: Found a thread where I wasn't the only one having this issue.

5. WolfmanRobby

The random reboots have been going on since the phone came out. Mine reboots MUCH LESS since GB than it did on FroYo.

But, since I came from a BB background where you really had to reboot the phone daily, I've just made it a habit to reboot my phone a couple of times a week. This has stopped the "Auto Reboots" from happening.

6. BravoGolfTango

BravoGolfTango Well-Known Member

Never had a reboot issue here, let alone any other issues since procuring mine. Hope they get it resolved for you soon. :cool:

mcbaes72 likes this.
  7. cajun86

cajun86 Newbie

Read this post, https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/54510?start=0&tstart=0 there is 30 pages of people having problems.
    I have not switched to Gingerbread yet because of the issues.. Froyo works fine for me, till they work out the bugs. Plus I hate the white menu screens. Will switch once another patch is issued, depending on the user feedback.

8. WolfmanRobby

As someone that participated in the SOAK testing, I'm aware of that thread... it's 30 pages, but not all of unique issues.
    -Many posts about the same issues (Most by the same person that posted the problem over and over).
    -Many of those issues have fixes listed
    -Many more were due to people having modified their phones (You can't load a stock update unless you are running stock)
    -There are a LOT that were related to apps that needed to be updated to be compatible with GB.

All in all, there are very few, unresolved issues.

As for the menu colors. I would not count on those changing. Most people prefer the Dark text on a light background. It's easier to read in sunlight. It's easier on people's eyes. (The white text on the black background is PAINFUL for me to try to look at.)

9. cajun86

cajun86 Newbie

I have a stock phone, so will you guarantee that I won't have any music skipping issues and blue tooth connecting issues?
    In low light conditions the white menu sucks in my opinion.

10. WolfmanRobby

No one can promise anything like that.
    I don't know your BT headset, I don't know what other apps you have on your phone.
    -My BT has been MUCH more stable since the GB update (On FroYo, I kept having to Force connect my Jabra headset). I also know that my stereo BT headset's media controls were flaky on FroYo (sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn't), and they work 100% of the time on GB.

-I've always had music skipping issues, not just on the Atrix. Let's see what some of the reasons were....bad/slow SD cards, poorly coded MP3's, Really large MP3's (Very high bitrate) that overwhelmed the phones memory, problems with a bad wifi router causing streaming media to skip, media apps needing updating, other apps running in the background eating up system resources.... There's hundreds of reasons you can have your music skip that have NOTHING to do with the OS the phone is running.

Well, I did say that it was easier to read in SUNLIGHT.
    In low light conditions, just turn up your display brightness.

11. cajun86

cajun86 Newbie

With Froyo I have zero problems with Bluetooth connections. Also my stereo BT headset controls work just find.
    I have never experienced any music skipping issues either.
    I don't want to risk having any problems, so I guess i will stay with Froyo for a while more and see what's in our future.

[/QUOTE]
    Well, I did say that it was easier to read in SUNLIGHT.
    In low light conditions, just turn up your display brightness.[/QUOTE]

That is the problem, it's too bright even on the lowest setting, it's blinding in low light conditions.

12. landoftherich

landoftherich Newbie

[/QUOTE]That is the problem, it's too bright even on the lowest setting, it's blinding in low light conditions.[/QUOTE]

You may want to look at the app Screen Filter to lower the phones brightness setting even further. I find it very helpful for nighttime viewing.

13. cajun86

cajun86 Newbie

That is the problem, it's too bright even on the lowest setting, it's blinding in low light conditions.[/QUOTE]

You may want to look at the app Screen Filter to lower the phones brightness setting even further. I find it very helpful for nighttime viewing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. But its just stupid that you can't have a lower brightness setting to began with.