• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread Update July 11th

Any chance this will increase battery life? I am considering returning my Dinc2 because of battery life but only have until Wednesday to do so.

I use the crap out of my phone, 40+ emails a day, tons of texts and phone calls, and i still get damn near a full day out of the battery.

back on topic. i am looking forward to the update.

Upvote 0
The big. deal is primarily that our phone is continuing to be supported and updated by Verizon. Even if GB weren't to run smoother with more capabilities (which it does) it is important that Verizon hasn't writtwn us off as they promote the Droid 3, thunderbolt, etc.

Oddly enough, I saw a new TV commercial for the Dinc2 last night, so I guess it's still getting the love.

Upvote 0
I use the crap out of my phone, 40+ emails a day, tons of texts and phone calls, and i still get damn near a full day out of the battery.

back on topic. i am looking forward to the update.

I honestly don't see how that is possible unless you got a super slim high capacity battery by mistake. Or your definition of "use the crap out of my phone" could be different than mine.

I have talked to numerous people at Verizon and they all say a day out of an Android device is good.

Upvote 0
I honestly don't see how that is possible unless you got a super slim high capacity battery by mistake. Or your definition of "use the crap out of my phone" could be different than mine.

I have talked to numerous people at Verizon and they all say a day out of an Android device is good.

brightness on my screen is almost all the way down, gps off, on wifi most of the day at my office. today i sent 33 emails and a ton of texts and was on a phone conference for an hour and im at around 40%

Upvote 0
Is the OTA update only available for a certain period of time? I've never rooted and want to try it out, but if it gets too far beyond me I would still like to be able to update to the latest software

If you root you can flash the latest softwere with out the bloat were and usually before the carrier sends it out so don't worry about not having the latest lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones