1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gingerbread Update July 11th

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rankman, Jul 8, 2011.

1. rcrott1

rcrott1 Android Enthusiast

I use the crap out of my phone, 40+ emails a day, tons of texts and phone calls, and i still get damn near a full day out of the battery.

back on topic. i am looking forward to the update.

Advertisement

2. chassum

chassum Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I saw a new TV commercial for the Dinc2 last night, so I guess it's still getting the love.

3. mgftp

mgftp Newbie

I honestly don't see how that is possible unless you got a super slim high capacity battery by mistake. Or your definition of "use the crap out of my phone" could be different than mine.

I have talked to numerous people at Verizon and they all say a day out of an Android device is good.

4. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Android Expert

This has me excited bring it on I have been missing GB sence I lost my inc

5. seejoshplay

seejoshplay Well-Known Member

Do not update if you want to root.

I am updating because I am not going to root until after a year when my warranty is up.

I am super stoked for GB.

6. blkbeltkid17

I an hopping the bootloader will become unlocked with this update I know its a stretch but I can dream right

7. rcrott1

rcrott1 Android Enthusiast

brightness on my screen is almost all the way down, gps off, on wifi most of the day at my office. today i sent 33 emails and a ton of texts and was on a phone conference for an hour and im at around 40%

8. seejoshplay

seejoshplay Well-Known Member

My guess is that it will not be, evolution 3d bl is locked. Just doing the PSA thing, if you want to root skip the update and wait for alpharevx.

9. blkbeltkid17

With the sensation becoming unlocked with its update we can only hope
    We know htc will unlock us and the evo I guess its all in time

10. greyhndz

greyhndz Well-Known Member

They don't mention anything about backing up. Will there be a wipe after installation?

11. blkbeltkid17

More then likly it was the same going from eclair to fryo on the original inc

12. harrmonica

harrmonica Lurker

as rscott stated, i am also getting phenomenal battery life from the dinc2. either exchange the phone or have it checked out.

now back on topic!

13. chknhwk

chknhwk Android Enthusiast

Personally I'd rather have a custom rom with more personalization. I'm worried this update will make it more difficult to flash a rom...

14. wyattyoss

wyattyoss Newbie

The bootloader should be the same, right? There has been no word of HTC changing the encryption of the phones its updating to gingerbread, so it should be just as easy to get s-off and root.

15. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

So the same procedures to temp root should work?

16. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Will the GB update be available only "over the air" or can it be downloaded and installed via USB?

17. papaandroid

papaandroid Newbie

18. LaurAndroid

LaurAndroid Newbie

So if we want to root we should wait for Alpharevx...will we be able to update after we root or is root inplace of updating?

19. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

alpha rev is out! enjoy root. and do not upograde to any GB OTA or RUU if u want root with alpharev

LaurAndroid likes this.
  20. blkbeltkid17

Oh lord jesus happy days

21. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

It's not out for Windows or MAC yet ... The Windows version was pulled because it didn't work ... Should be fixed and back out soon

LaurAndroid likes this.
  22. blkbeltkid17

Yeah I saw to bad I don't have a computer right now to root it

23. LaurAndroid

LaurAndroid Newbie

Thanks, I think I am going to give root a try :)

24. ganj_420

ganj_420 Well-Known Member

Is the OTA update only available for a certain period of time? I've never rooted and want to try it out, but if it gets too far beyond me I would still like to be able to update to the latest software

25. blkbeltkid17

If you root you can flash the latest softwere with out the bloat were and usually before the carrier sends it out so don't worry about not having the latest lol

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews