• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread Update July 11th

While we are here all sad about no update, I'd like to plug my charity and boost some morale. http://www.jointhepush.com. Some friends and I were thinking of something to do one day and we all agreed on this. We've all lost someone to Cancer, so we decided to make something happen. We are working with a 7 year old with Colon Cancer. She wants an iPod touch, so next month, we are surprising her with a 4th generation with a $30 iTunes card. Let me know what you think about the site and what changes could be done. Thanks!

Upvote 0
The last time an update like this came out for my old Eris, it took 3-5 days before I got offered the update over the air/wireless. I'm on the South East coast, so don't expect to be getting this update at least until next week.

Ah, brings back wonderful memories of waiting 6 months for 2.1 to finally appear. I've never seen so many rumor committee updates about the release date. IIRC, wound up flashing the last leak, which turned out to be identical to the OTA 2.1.

Nada aqui in NH. I'm installing, only because reading the directions for rooting makes my eyes glaze over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones