• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbread Update Nag Screen

dhabell

Jul 19, 2011
Jax, FL
Im currently on Shabbymod with a Honeycomb Hybrid theme. I love it. I keep getting the Gingerbread update nag screen from Boost Mobile asking if i want to update. I dont want to go back to stock and am sick of having to hit "update later" every time I check a text message.

What do I do?

Im currently on Shabbymod with a Honeycomb Hybrid theme. I love it. I keep getting the Gingerbread update nag screen from Boost Mobile asking if i want to update. I dont want to go back to stock and am sick of having to hit "update later" every time I check a text message.

What do I do?

Go and odin to the new rooted GB version and then flash 187mod or ct2.0 rom and you wont regret it...its an excellent rom..

Reactions: chetney
Upvote 0
There us a simple solution to the update nag... Download ' autostarts' from the market go into ' after startup' and find the 'google services framework' entries. (there are 4) find the one that says 'com.google.android.gfs.update.SystemUpdateService$Reciver' (third entry on mine) and disable. Reboot and never be bothered by it again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones