• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread update questions

subaruzi

Dec 14, 2010
I know a lot of have questions (I checked the archives) but here are mine:

1. My phone is rooted, should I unroot before updating? Or does it not matter
2. Will the Netflix app work with the update? My hacked one stopped working and I can't seem to get it to update.
3. What is the deal with rooting Gingerbread? I have the one step rooting and don't feel comfortable doing all the stuff myself so I am relying on the developers.
4. Is there anything I should know about the update? the pros outweigh the cons? I have a few rooted only apps I use, but for the most part I think I can make do with stock.

Thank you.

1. you don't technically have to unroot, as long as you haven't removed any bloat or frozen any it should update but you will lose root.
2. I think there is already an updated version for Netflix.
3. Supposedly a "one click" method of rooting GB may not be possible so it is suggested that you load a pre rooted version.
4. The update is awesome sauce and that is all you need to know.

Reactions: subaruzi
Upvote 0
Ok so I just flashed this rooted gingerbread version but my whole phone is wiped clean. None of my apps, photos, music, etc transferred.

Does this sound right?

I can replace all the stuff but it is a bit of a hassle. I had it all set up just as I liked it. Any guidance is appreciated, thank you.

Upvote 0
Ok so I just flashed this rooted gingerbread version but my whole phone is wiped clean. None of my apps, photos, music, etc transferred.

Does this sound right?

I can replace all the stuff but it is a bit of a hassle. I had it all set up just as I liked it. Any guidance is appreciated, thank you.

nothing should have been touched on your sdcard....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones