1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support gingerbread update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ml.williams, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ml.williams

ml.williams Lurker
    None

May 7, 2011
    im sure i has read on her that gingerbread was going to be available for the ace via official Samsung update.

im amusing this is kies, if so when is this happing as mine says there are no firm ware upgrades available and im currently on 2.2.1?

Advertisement

2. JonniDarko

JonniDarko Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    I was wondering the same thing. I did as everyone instructed, but there's nothing available. I posted this question last night and i'm still yet to get a reply. Let me know if you here anything, apparently this so called android community is a bit busy.
    Good luck
    Jonni

3. Gammer

Gammer Android Enthusiast
    None

May 23, 2011
    UK
  4. JonniDarko

JonniDarko Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    Checked that thread yesterday. Lots of speculation about UK release, but just wondered if anyone on here is from the Uk and has had sucess. I posted a little further down stating I was from the UK but no luck so far.
    Help!?:thinking:

5. stomms

stomms Member
    None

May 30, 2011
    Dentist
    Estonia
    It seems like 2.3.3 official update is available only for Russian and Baltc versions of Galaxy Ace with "SEB" and "SER" CSC code yet.
    Be patient, it should be availabale everywhere in nearest future (1-2 months?)

BTW Estonian Samsung service was ready to change FW for the updatable "SEB" one (my Phone has German version DBT) for 13€... Still haven't decided is it worth it:) May be it's better to wait for some more and update it later myself without loosing all my stuff in a phone...

6. JonniDarko

JonniDarko Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    Many Thanks, I'll be patient.

7. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Sales
    Hampshire, UK
    Er there are already loads of threads on this if you look at the board before posting on this "so called android community" thats probably why no one replied. The official gingerbread update is being rolled out just be patient. If your tied to a network you'll get it later. will also depend on where you are in the world! - Again this has already been written loads of times!