• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I won't believe it until I see it. I have very little trust in Sony Ericsson right now.

I tend to agree. SE kinda lost their way with Android and got left behind. The software never lived up to the hardware and people felt let down by the lack of updates - quite rightly too.

But I feel positive about the future. SE know perfectly well that they failed, and seem to be making some good decisions lately to make up for lost time. The new Xperia handsets are excellent for the mainstream users and also for people who want to root.

I think the decision to put Gingerbread on the X10 is part of SE's new direction - an offering to the early adopters who they let down, and a good move in my opinion. I understand your scepticism though, past mistakes will take a while to put right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones