• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have just flashed mine with GB

I followed these instructions:

Download Instructions:

1. Download the ROM and Flashing Utility from this page. http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...3-4-ep1w-leaked-official-build.html#post99504
  2. Extract the large ROM file (it's the 300+MB .7z file) using 7-Zip. Do not place it on your SD card.
  3. Next, you'll need to install Odin.
Installing Odin (a custom Samsung software flashing utility):

• To install Odin, extract the SamsungFlashingUtility.7z file using 7-Zip
  • Install all four utilities, this includes:

• Samsung_USB_Driver_For_Mobile_Phones
    • VIA USB Drivers 2.3.5.WithMux
    • SamsungPST SCH-I510 For Verizon (extract again to get the MSI)
    • SamsungPSTLite FW Setup (extract again and run setup.exe)
To actually run Odin, run "Samsung PST [Lite]," which should appear as a newly installed program.
Flashing Process:

1. Put your phone into download mode, to do this:
    1. Power down your phone.
    2. Remove the battery.
    3. Plug your phone via USB into your computer.
    4. Hold the Volume Down button
    5. While holding Volume Down, reinsert the battery and wait for the phone to display a boot screen saying "Downloading" or something similar.
    6. If no boot screen displays, while still holding Volume Down, press and release the Power button.
  2. In Odin, un-check 'F-Reset Time' and 'Auto-Reboot' (on the left).
  3. Also in Odin, click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file that you downloaded and extracted.
  4. Make sure that your phone is recognized by Odin (a yellow COM# will be shown in the box).
  5. Press Start, and allow the flashing process to finish. If it fails, retry using the same procedure outlined above. If it passes, unplug the USB cable, remove the battery and reinsert it, and power on your phone.
  6. Get the Netflix apk here and install it (you'll have to enable non-Market apps in the 'Application' settings menu.)
I had no apparent issues. The only stumble there was one of the USB uts did not want to install, and the other one out of 4 was already installed. Entire process, with phone re-setting, took maybe 20 minutes.

I'll re-post later if I see any improvements.

Reactions: oOOOo
Upvote 0
Syntrix, did you use a specific tutorial? I've been wanting to do this but dont want to screw everything up, lol.

Just use odin, easy as that. I've seen some tutorials out there, and there's a copy/paste of one right above this post, yay!

Rooting is not a research project, it just gives you root access. Going beyond that can be a research project.

Upvote 0
I will never buy another Samsung product again. this phone should have had gingerbread from the getgo. and now all the other phones are getting it, and here we set.

Could not agree with you more. I'm tired of reading about everybody getting Gingerbread except us. This is just unacceptable!!!!

Reactions: jimburn69
Upvote 0
I don't think its Samsung as much as it is Verizon to blame. Verizon, after all is the company that ordered the phone and gives direction on how the phone is issued to the customer. I had the I910 Omnia prior to the Charge and it was the same thing with that phone. I had to wait quite a few months before they allowed an update to unlock the GPS but it did come. The one thing Verizon or Samsung don't want to do is give us an update that will lessen the quality of the phone, its best to make sure everything is in order before releasing it. I'm not an IT expert but maybe the Charge is more complicated to get everything working on it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones