1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root gingerbreak install

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joey_b, Jun 8, 2011.

1. joey_b

joey_b Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    I understand using the .bak and .apk files, but how do I move my gingerbreak file to my DC? I have USB drivers and am able to access the DC folders from my computer, but do not see the necessary folders in which I need to drop the files. I have done the ED1 revert and changed the necessary extensions to ED2 using SGS tools, which is now failing to load. Also, if I flash new roms how do I salvage my programs that I had bought from the market?

Advertisement

2. Outsider(Avid HustlaZ)

Outsider(Avid HustlaZ) Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    rapper, producer and security
    Phoenix, AZ

Well first off all you need to do is Odin the Stock rooted ED1 file found on xdaforums.com and youll be rooted without using gingerbreak. As for the apps you buy on the market those you will never lose as long as you remember your gmail account.

3. joey_b

joey_b Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Yes, I did the root to ED1. Following that do I need to do any thing further to root, or is that complete?

Have you any answer on how to move the files to or back up from my phone?

4. Outsider(Avid HustlaZ)

Outsider(Avid HustlaZ) Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    rapper, producer and security
    Phoenix, AZ

You dont need to do nothing further after doing the rooted ED1 check if you have superuser installed if so then your rooted if not install it from market place then install busybox if you are able to use busybox after installing superuser then you are rooted..if you want to back up all your photos and apps+data and only if your rooted then download "my backup root" there you will be able to back up all files. So if you ever do a wipe of data you can re root, download my backup root and it will install all apps back on your phone.