1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Gingerbreak keeps failing to root 2.2.2 Optimus M

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TechSmartBri, Sep 24, 2011.

1. TechSmartBri

TechSmartBri Newbie
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Hi Everyone!!!

I had a Optimus m i rooted before and it was 2.2.2 and i rooted it with gingerbreak with no problems. Then, lol i used ROM MANAGER which just gave me a huge headache and bricked my phone and i used joniedy's unbrick guide then my MEID went missing. the programming wouldnt stick for some reason. It was horrible, so i just said forget it and took into metro. So now i have my "new" replacement phone which came with 2.2.2, now gingerbreak says rooting blah blah for hours and eventually never roots. I just want to use titanium back up to get my apps back and overclock my phone to where i had my old phone

I have my usb debugging enabled
    I have my SD card formatted
    I reboot after each crappy attempt to root lol
    I used the thinkfree office to install gingerbreak

Also i even tried to do a recovery and i found out that it just sits at the LG sign and never did a recovery to my phone and had to just pull the battery and the phone starts back up fine. which is very weird to me

Idk what im doing wrong , this is the second day i had the replacement phone, should i take it back to metro but i dont have anything to claim wrong with it. Anyway if anyone can help me please help it would be greatly appreciated lol :)

-Bri

Advertisement

2. TweeksRevenge

TweeksRevenge Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    The Grim Reaper cleaned up all the apples....now I
    Austell, Ga
    Here's a possible solution to your problem...Uninstall Gingerbreak and clear any data or cache that it created. Reinstall Gingerbreak but don't open it yet. Now what you'll need to do is download File Expert so that you can access your /system/ later on. If you don't have advanced task killer from the market, get that and kill all tasks that are running. Now run gingerbreak and dont touch the phone at all until it fully reboots and scans the sdcard. If it succeeds then SuperUser and BusyBox will both be installed.

Also: Don't have your phone plugged into anything during the process...and go to settings>applications>development and check Allow Mock Locations.

3. TechSmartBri

TechSmartBri Newbie
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Ok I'm going to try it now

how long should i let it run 20-30 minutes?

4. macjay420

macjay420 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    CA
    I was under the impression that 2.2.2 couldn't be rooted yet.....? Is their a new gingerbreak I dnt kno about

5. TechSmartBri

TechSmartBri Newbie
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Gingerbreak v1.20 I've done it to other phones with 2.2.2 infact thats what a guide on XDA told me but this new replacement phone isnt rooting i started at 5:10 and it's 5:44.......pretty disappointing. :\

6. macjay420

macjay420 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    CA
    Could you post that link so I could check it out

7. undacova

undacova Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2011
  8. TechSmartBri

TechSmartBri Newbie
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Ok i used LGNPST before and my MEID and everything got lost and the MEID wouldnt stick, I used QPST and QXDM also phone wouldnt recognize it was phone hell lol so now i have this replacement i dont wanna do the same thing i did the last time

9. BrandonOptimus

BrandonOptimus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Male
    Jersey
    Lol. I had the same feeling, but I I wanted to downgrade and root. And it was successful. As long as you installed drivers and programs right and checked over carefully than your good. Just so I could be sure in case I get zeroed out I took all the codes to my phone and took pics in case the downgrade goes wrong. But it went well. Then I updated again (what a waste of time lol) then gingerbreak worked. So now im lucky to have 2.2.2 without bloatware(and without the useless google books :D)

10. TechSmartBri

TechSmartBri Newbie
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Yea the worse was that boingo wifi it was a major battery killer, But i think it may be the newer optimus m phones that come stock with 2.2.2 that you cant just root because i updated my last optimus on 2.2.2 and i was able to root it

11. BrandonOptimus

BrandonOptimus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Male
    Jersey
    There was a small chance though. Some people got real lucky when it came to rooting 2.2.2 while others took the risk of downgrading their phone

12. skyjacker

skyjacker Lurker
    None

Jan 28, 2012
Tags: