1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gingerbreak?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Toolanddiemaker, May 16, 2011.

1. Toolanddiemaker

Toolanddiemaker Well-Known Member

I jumped right on the first leak 4.5.573 not rooted when it was released, so now I'm interested in rooting again. I went thru Roolers Gingerbreak section, and it talks about it may format your sd card or to use a formated card to start with. I don't have a extra card right now, the kids swipe them for their dumb phones. So is this a must do? I really only want to root to get to the latest leak.

Thanks for any help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I backed up my SD card just in case, but I had no problems with my SD card; all of my data was left intact after the root.

I asked a similar question in another thread and got a couple responses that other people have had their data left alone, too. I think it was an issue with certain brands of phones formatting the SD card.

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

OP you could just SBF back to Froyo and then go from there that way you don't have to use GingerBreak

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews