• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Toolanddiemaker

Apr 8, 2010
Michigan
I jumped right on the first leak 4.5.573 not rooted when it was released, so now I'm interested in rooting again. I went thru Roolers Gingerbreak section, and it talks about it may format your sd card or to use a formated card to start with. I don't have a extra card right now, the kids swipe them for their dumb phones. So is this a must do? I really only want to root to get to the latest leak.

Thanks for any help.

I backed up my SD card just in case, but I had no problems with my SD card; all of my data was left intact after the root.

I asked a similar question in another thread and got a couple responses that other people have had their data left alone, too. I think it was an issue with certain brands of phones formatting the SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones