• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingeritis 1.2 (New Gingerbread base)

thanks for the link. downloading now... i may have to flash just to see what the firmware # is. "new base" certainly implys that another GB update was leaked. maybe an actual,officail update just around the corner?

i dont think ill flash and set it up this morning,but im looking forward to seeing how much better these roms become when not based on a buggy pre-alpha leak.

Upvote 0
Scotty:

Glad to help.

I had been wondering about a new leak, because I had seen a warning on Twitter about rooting your Thunderbolt before the Gingerbread Update because there may not be a way to root if you take the update. That's some matter-of-fact advise to give to the community and made me wonder if the devs had obtained a new leaked copy Gingerbread which provided that inisght.

DZ

Upvote 0
Chingy must have a good inside source. He had the mr2.5 radio and the last leak update before anyone else as well. A few days ago team andIRC tweeted that the update was in the 2nd stage of testing at HTC ,so that's likely what chingy has :) hopefully this is a final version and not a second buggy test build

Upvote 0
So I just flashed it and like all other roms of his none of my google apps sync up.
Any ideas?

I had the same problem with both Gingeritis and Th3ory 6.1...I think it may be the new market which is causing the issue. I used Titanium Backup to restore my apps and then use TB Market Doctor to connect the Market links.

DZ

Upvote 0
He turns it off intentionally in all his roms. I absolutely HATE when google starts syncing a zillion apps during set up. If I wanted that wouldnt' have paid for titanium pro so I could batch restore.

Hm.. but I like it. :(
In setup it asks explicitly if you want to use wifi, I pick yes and let it pull off wifi since my U-Verse is faster than Verizon LTE (not by much..)

I can live with it, however...

Upvote 0
This is probably the smoothest sense Rom I've used to date. Hopefully imo will get some custom kernels going soon since this is a newly leaked version current custom kernels won't work.
One thing though, chingy said this is probably not the official gb ota. But it is newer and better id say.
He has mods available for sense 3.0 elements.

Upvote 0
can someone thats running it see what the firmware number is? is it actually something newer,or is it still 2.01.605.0 to protect the id of the leaker?

2.xx.xxx.xx
Only found one hiccup so far. It's pretty major for me. No netflix. :( I'm hoping chingy can fix.

Chingy said its newer and better than that "crappy last leak" but probably not the official ota version lol. he was asked not to reveal the version info.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
I had the same problem with both Gingeritis and Th3ory 6.1...I think it may be the new market which is causing the issue. I used Titanium Backup to restore my apps and then use TB Market Doctor to connect the Market links.

DZ

Did you restore with the new market? I get market fcs after I try it.

Upvote 0
2.xx.xxx.xx
Only found one hiccup so far. It's pretty major for me. No netflix. :( I'm hoping chingy can fix.

Chingy said its newer and better than that "crappy last leak" but probably not the official ota version lol. he was asked not to reveal the version info.

Digdug:

I applied the full Netflix patch from here: [PATCH] Netflix Fix - xda-developers , and it worked for me I have Netflix up and running.

DZ

Reactions: digdug1
Upvote 0
Digdug:

I applied the full Netflix patch from here: [PATCH] Netflix Fix - xda-developers , and it worked for me I have Netflix up and running.

DZ

Thanks for the tip.
It's strange though, I applied this patch when it was first uploaded. I've never had to apply it since. Regardless of my Rom choice.
Any who, the full patch did it for me :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones